Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: G Series & F Series Diff Disc Brake Solutions

Name
    Daimon
    State
    Tasmania
    Country
    Australia

Yeh that doesnt look to safe if you are talking about drilling those holes, it would need to be reinforced.
    ---- Fryin Fifth Represent ----

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Mx13 axle plates are 153 mm diameter.

The centre locating ring is 60mm like ae86 diffs etc.

I had a U13 rotor laying around. Its a 257mmx 12mm solid rotor, 4 x 114.3, the inner area where the axle plate sits is also 153mm, it was a tight fit to the mx13 axle plate. this rotor has a 67mm centre bore.

Its almost perfect except it isnt vented.
    Last edited by LittleRedSpirit; 26th October 2012 at 04:00 PM.

Name
    William
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

my ae is a 83 with a drum rear end, stocko with open center. easy to upgrade to disc brakes or better to swap out?
    cost wise have got locker in it by welding the diff up but its not real praticl for the POlice.. /turning circle

and sugestions would be sweet!!

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

More education. Spell better, be better to your mum.

Oh shit sorry, you mean for the diff.

Bin the stock diff and get a Ford 9 inch with 335mm rotors and alcon 6 piston calipers.

Seriously though, this isn't the thread for you (yet), this is a discussion about what kind of disc brakes can be fitted to a Toyota 7.5 or 8 inch rear end.

If you want advice about diff choice, make your own thread somewhere else, or search and read what others have previously read.

This is a thread for people who have already decided what diff to run and are looking for disc brakes.

You didn't tell us what motor you have or anything so how can we even answer you man?

Name
    Daniel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I'm also chasing a setup for the MX13 Diff i bought without drum's

I've also got a complete drum to drum yr22 here - which I bought thinking it was 1435 mm, turns out it's 1455 - way too wide for the corolla.

From the research I've done the early 85 model solid axle RT142 disc setup with internal hand brake will bolt up - proving difficult to find.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Yes, the RT142 rear brake set up should bolt up to MX13 diff but is getting real hard to find. Matt will be able to confirm but they are same as s/t series but as far as I can remeber they are. YR22 is a different axle tube flange and I guess I have a cad file that will let you run S13 caliper and disc from behind or in front (original intention but have now figured that I could probably adapt it to run from behind). I'm basing that on the assumption that YR22 and YR30/31 diff's are same axle tube flange, which is different from G-series. With S chassis, the brake upgrades are simple, you just take the disc and caliper from whatever car and it will bolt on. For the rear, that doesn't leave you as much option as it's S13/14/15 single piston caliper with integral handbrake OR R/Z chassis twin piston with drum handbrake, which I've shown isn't the easiest thing to do. I guess the next thing to do would be to look at the relative heights of the axle disc mounting plate to diff tube flange offset then calculate if and how much space there is for a spacer to make the backing plate mount so that the drum shoes are into the disc about the correct amount.

Off topic but for the front, if someone makes an S13 disc and caliper bolt on kit for AE86 strut, 256x22mm/single or 280mmx22/single, you can easily swap to 280x26/4 pot, 280x30/4 pot, 296x30mm/4 pot, 310 or 324mm brakes. The last two or even three I think would be way over ae86 requirement.

Name
    William
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

MY be a dick about it when u can see I am only working out this shitbox forum out that has people like ya self on.
    Oh and I'm running a 20v turbo, with s13 front end /coilovers and a microtec computer. Thanks 4 asking
    catcha round.

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

because when your asking for peoples time, as you dont know yourself, if you cant take enough time to use correct English, then why should people bother, if its a shitbox forum fuck off then

and yes i know, people are bad with English and spelling, i used spell check several times just now, still put in the effort
    Last edited by lolwat; 27th October 2012 at 10:49 PM.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Your post still don't make sense William, did you mean, WHY be a dick about it...

Have you never used a forum before? Surely you know that a thread is to discuss a certain topic. This one is to dicsuss disc brake options for people with 7.5 or 8" toyota diff's which there are none that are off-the-shelf, not what diff to put in a car that may range from 150hp to 500hp, 20v turbo could be TD-05 to realistically, a 3071. The term turbo doesn't describe much. What does it get used for? Is it a show car? If so, a stock diff will do fine for transporting it from A to B. Anything more will require a bigger diff. How big depends on what the car is used for, how you drive it and what's easily available to you. Do you happen to know anyone with a ford explorer that they're about to crush?

Mikey, you might have spell checked but you sure didn't grammar check it. The first 'your' should be you're. 3 apostrophes are missing in the first 'sentence', which by the way is missing a full stop. Sorry, I'll shut up now.

Name
    Daniel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

A+++ For Attitude ..

Here's your introduction to how a forum works:

1. Login (Usually found up the top , in the right hand corner - To do this you will need to Register - to Register you will need an email address ) - I think you've figured this step out though.
    2. If you've managed to remember your username and password you are now able to see the Forums Index - This allows you to browse all the different categories. Each category contains different information that may / may not be relevant to you.
    3. Inside each category you will see "Threads" such as the one you have stumbled across.
    4. Inside these "Threads" you will find posts (Like the one you are reading right now).
    5. Each Thread has a name - This name usually relates to what the thread is about - In this case - G and F Series Toyota Rear Diff's and potential Disc Brake Solutions.
    6. When looking at Thread names - It helps to read entire thread name - Just because it has "Diff" in the title doesn't mean it's about all diff's for all models - Case in Point being this thread - A source of information for F / G Series Diff's (7.5/8") - If you have a question about a diff or disc brakes for you diff - If you have an F or a G series this thread is probably the best place for you to ask a question like that - Thus why you got the response you did above (Which was fair)
    7. If you want to ask a question about your particular Diff Setup it's wise to Search (also found in the top right) for what you are after - If you can't find anything useful then you can navigate the Forums Index and find the appropriate section (Which you found - "Technical Questions"
    8. You then Post up as much information as you can about what your problem is, and what you are trying to achieve - As clearly as possible with pictures if required - And patiently wait for a reply!

Enjoy! =)

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast