Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: G Series & F Series Diff Disc Brake Solutions

Name
    Adam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Have u spaced the disk out further in the pic? Are they s13 calipers?
    Last edited by adds; 3rd September 2013 at 11:31 PM.

Name
    Peter
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

These are mx73 rear brakes made to fit the yr22 tarago diff in my ke30 corolla
    I butchered the mx73 rear arms to get the profile correct then had custom brackets plasma cut to suit
    I had my mate machine up this pretty piece of alloy so after boring out the mx73 backing plate to fit over the yr22 bearings i could drill the holes in the right spot
    Then I welded the caliper bracket onto the housing
    and Hey presto mx73 calipers and handbrake on a yr22 diff... (in a ke30)

I also had to put a 5mm thick ring on the axle before the wheel bearing (just to get enough clearance for the handbrake mech behind the axle stud heads
    Last edited by YRO 11A; 23rd December 2013 at 01:20 PM.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Hey guys Ive been scratching my head about what to do in my RT142 turbo (181rwkw 1200kg) wagon for a brake upgrade. It currently has RA65 front struts and brakes with the 258mm rotors, YR22 F series rear end and a hydro handbrake, standard 15/16" (i think) master cyl.

The car is used for street, drift and hillclimb, not really heavy track use so the brakes dont need to be overkill but i DO need a good handbrake. The hydro has never worked very well and the pedal has always been sorta spongey, im thinking the increase in wheel cylinder diamter in the F series drum has softened the pedal and lengthened the travel. Also i have been told that the hydraulic handbrake master is probably meant for a disc break rear end which uses perhaps a smaller piston/less fluid? Like, it works but you have to reef it harder than a normal cable one pretty much.

Ive seen a few people have run S13 rear caliper and discs 258mm x 9 solid single piston, maybe this would be a good rear option with either R33 GTST 296mm falcon setup up front or smaller single piston R33 GTS 280mm setup.

ORRRR just go s13 Rear caliper and rotor and see how it feels after that. What is the caliper protrusion like on this setup? track increase? Dont really want to increase track by more than 10mm at either end really. Currently the car isnt wanting for brakes as i use the QFM A1RM 780 deg pad. I just want a better pedal feel and the hydro to work.

I also want to run and swap round my 15's (195/55 toyo R1R for drift and 205 Advan semi's for grip) (superlights, XR4's and mesh) but the R33 GTST calipers might be an issue with a flat back wheel like the mesh. superlights should be fine, the XR4 a maybe?

I dont need a cable handbrake ive already removed that years ago. Any help or experience you guys have had would be great.

Sorry for tha essay, xoxo stonerkid.
    Last edited by Konakid; 10th June 2014 at 10:28 PM.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I have a non disk spacing setup for f-series now. No spacing the disc to suit a flat caliper mount like I did on my car. And it's untested but it has mounts for some sort of wilwood caliper (I forgot which) on s13 rear disc. It will need to be machined to the right height after I decide how to mount it but no big deal. You can cut them off, leave them. I can take it out of my cad file if you really want.

The best part about this is, if you don't like the s13 stuff, you just go and bolt on r32/r33/z32 stuff after drilling the disc to 4 stud. Since you don't care about a handbrake, you got nothing to worry about. I did half think about looking at the diff to see if I could do it the other day but nah. Working on putting silvia brakes on the front of the car at the moment. And I remember I already tried to do that.

Name
    Chris
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

i highly doubt anyone will see this, but did we end up coming up with a bolt on, no spacer setup for yr22?

Name
    Lindsay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I ended up making a bolt on plate for twin calipers to suit either a vn-vr rear caliper (brake only) or a r31 caliper with the cable handbrake and s13 rotor. It clears some 14” rims depending on spoke design.

I sold the design to tinkering on Toyota’s on fb.

Message me if you want

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15