Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Import questions

Name
    Killian
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

Huge thanks to everyone who replied. I think your helpful replies answers all my questions and I will not be going down the importing road now. Will just keep an eye out for something moderatey priced already on Australian shores. Thanks Again!

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

[QUOTE=85Kai;897999]Insurance: $649.37 (comprehensive insurance with Shannons)

QUOTE]

insurance $649.37? thats pretty good. mine is $1200 for an agreed value of 12k with shannons. daily use. and im 29 yrs old with no priors and live in a low risk area

Name
    Matt
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

Damn! That's almost double the amount of mine for the same value. I'm 35 years old though and I live in sunny Qld, perhaps Melbourne is significantly dearer. It's been years since I lived there. I also have another car and my home and contents with Shannons and my car isn't modded up to the hilt.

Name
    Lelan
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

The customs tax will be calculated based on cost, insurance and freight. If cost mentioned by you is 0 or even less then actual value of goods, custom will do its own valuation, based on the defined costs of similar goods. Custom inspector always have right to change the value if he has any doubt on value. And duty will be calculated on valuation done by custom inspector. I suspect it'll be not more than 10k including the taxes and freight. I suggest in Perth to help you with that.
    Last edited by dolsonlelan; 14th July 2020 at 10:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2