Thread: KE70 SR conversion

Name
    Morgan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default KE70 SR conversion

so i am new to this forum, i have a rolling KE70 shell setup for track, i am thinking about dropping an sr20det into it for some real tyre frying fun, just wondering
    what the easiest method or most suitable way to mount it? and if anyone has done this conversion before are there any problems/issues to keep an eye on?

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Google.

"Not all commodore drivers are wankers, but all wankers drive commodores"

Name
    alan
    State
    sa
    Country
    australia

i have a ke70 running a sr20det with an s13 front end in it. its a very tight fit.
    you with either have to cut the firewall or set the motor forward on the s13 crossmember.
    definitely not a 2 second job

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

or mount it on ke x member, with a kit you can buy from a guy on here(honestly forgotten name ill try and find him) no firewall cutting just hammer the tunnel a bit

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'm doing a custom crossmember for mine soon. I've already cut the metal engine mounts off a KE70 crossmember and linished it clean with a flap disk so I've got a blank canvas to work from. The next step will be drop the motor and box in and modify the removed mounts so I can weld them back on with the motor in my preferred position. I bought an AE71 with an SR and the crossmember in the car is a bit average. I'm moving my motor to the passengers side a few mm to help clear the steering column so I can drop the motor a bit lower also. I'll have to make a new split dump pipe too because I'm re-shelling the car and don't want to bash or modify the nice firewall in my good shell in any way. A lot of guys like to use the S13 crossmember and everything else nissan right up the the top of the strut towers (using AE86 cambertops) but the track increase is significant and I've decided to retain Toyota steering and suspension geometry. SR performs well enough to warrant a brake upgrade so I've got RA40 based Shockworks coilovers waiting to go in with FC calipers on 283mm rotors, also using T3 weld on LCA kit on my lower arms.

Name
    Morgan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for your input guys, the topsecret imports guys at blacktown have been very helpful, we are going AE71 cross member with some fabricated mountings and hopefully will be frying tyres in no time