Thread: What’s New To Forza Horizon

Name
    John
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default What’s New To Forza Horizon

We all know you eager driving enthusiasts are keen to get your mits on the latest release from the Forza Franchise. But, is there anything that’s marginally different about the latest version?

You bet there is. It isn’t just the gameplay style, but everything from dirt roads to night time driving has been added to the latest incarnation of the award winning series.

So how can the best driving simulator, get any better? Well, the game has changed its format. It isn’t aimed to be an improvement on the last game, more of a branch off. Using a tweaked engine, the guys at Turn10 Studios have figured how to incorporate an open-world style of play into the game.

The player, when not racing of course, has the ability to free-roam. There are countless miles of city streets, busy B roads and even canyon passes. What can you do whilst you’re out on the prowl? Search for races, or just have a bit of sideways fun. It’s entirely up to the player.

Two huge factors we are truly looking forward to testing are the new dirt roads (complete with their own physics engine) and the night time driving experience.

Many of us have been craving that extra dimension to the game, and this time around Turn10 have delivered the goods. Not only is the dirt road physics engine going to change things up, but there are countless miles of winding dirt back roads that one can race along.

Even add a bit of dusk to the picture to get that true mountain run theme. Creating your own little drift / rally circuit by taking specific roads in a circuit will certainly add a lot of fun to the playability aspect of Forza Horizon.

Another cool new feature is the night time experience. We all know that cruising around at night adds a level of feel to driving, even if it is a computer simulation. That moment when you catch headlights in your rearview mirror, or at the opposite end of the scale, the moment you catch taillights on the uphill dash. These small quirks will provide us with a totally new Forza Experience.

So what are you waiting for? Pre-order your copy now! The game is set to be released on the 20th of October.

Check out the official Forza site -

And catch the official launch trailer below!

Automotive social media http://motorculture.com.au or call us on 02 9418 9008

For some daily car culture check out http://zengarage.com.au

Name
    Kerry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

something im not looking forward to if true...is the rumor that modifying and tuning is worse...hopefully not...i guess ill find out in 3 days

Name
    Adrian
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Yeah I heard that you wont be able to tune the cars, hopefully the modifying will be the same as before. Had a play of the demo today and the driving feels about the same as forza 4 so should be okay

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Looking forward to getting this as well... not long to wait now..
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

wish this was on ps3, im not a gt fan

Name
    Kerry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

picked up my collectors edition this morning...not far into it cause ive been busy...but im happy to say that at the least you can still do some conversions...ill have a better sus and see what else i can find

Name
    Kerry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

started a club on horizon for anyone who plays...tag is 86dc

Name
    Ron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Just bought an Xbox so i could play this game. Spent a few hours playing today and its pretty sweet. Got an ae86 and a scion fs-r maxed out the mods and turned off traction control. So much fun!!! Tried to get online with it but i keep getting some stupid upgrade error message. When I sort it out I will try join your club.