Name
    Jed
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Default First post

Hi name's Jed..

I own 3 AE95 wagon's which share a few similarities with the AE86 here and there..

All are in different stages of life.
    One's simply for running around in and has no mod's worth mentioning beyond what needs to be done from time to time to keep it on the road, like replacing the rear suspension from an upgraded model at the wreckers or replacing broken parts..

Another's unregistered, got the engine pulled out with a 7agze build on the go.. or should I say in suspended animation. lots of plans, will probably take the longest.

Have since decided to get my 2nd registered wagon backn on the road ASAP after the synchro's failed. Since I have to pull the engine and box I figured I'd upgrade to a GZE but.. I happened on a bargain GZE to GTE engine with lsd C-series box from an unfinished project, with most of the turbo work done..

So now.. I'm wondering what else I'd have to do to complete a turbo conversion?

I should add, despite my ambition I have little car modding experience beyond being a mid aged maintenance worker with metal fab background, having lurked the forums for a couple of years and poured a fair amount of $ into setting up the garage and buying cars, engines and parts.
    Despite this, I'm really a 'do it yourself' kinda person..

hope to learn more and share the goodness.

I know AE95's aren't popular but it is this car that got me hooked enough to learn about 4AGE's and all the rest of it ..which now see's me going to hill climb and social meets and trawling the web of various car sites from around the globe... I've even started making enquiries on importing the sedan version of the AE95 which are so hard to find in Australia, (only 300 were imported) ..with a view to modify it for hillclimb , track days and social rally meets.

So yeah..

That's me..

Cheers - Jed

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Welcome...

The ae95 wagons are fun for what they are but be mindful the boxes in them aren't the strongest.. They hold up ok if you treat them nice.

Whilst you can get away with running the gze ecu on the gte, you won't see the sort of numbers those running an aftermarket do from it. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the turbo setup.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Jed
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Thanks Matt,

Who told you that about the boxes? ...it's not true, they've actually been proven to be very strong.
    The AE95 corolla uses an E-series box, (E57F5) same as used in celica's, MR2's, V6 camry's, Rav4 etc.
    They're tough as.. just the early one's had synchro problems..

Edited & Quoted from:

"...1989 Green AE95 Wagon with a 4AGZE that i turbocharged.
    Mods:
    4AGZE, with standard GZE internals and standard computer running
    12psi all day every day.
    T3 Turbo,
    Clutch from the
    4AGZE halfcut - lasted for years...
    Standard gearbox and
    drivetrain
    Ran a 14.3 quarter mile time @ 94mph on 12psi.
    And had 130kw @ all 4 wheels when it was tuned.
    PLEASE DONT ASK HOW THE GEARBOX
    HANDLED!! Im sick of everyone saying a 20valve or GZE will break the gearbox!!!
    The guy who bought it off me, installed a microtech computer on it, wound it up to 18psi and did red-limter 4 wheel skids in it quite often. He said he wanted to break the gearbox, but couldn't!!

As 'Kebin' will show on his
    thread,

the internals of the gearbox are very similar to the Celica GT4..."End Quote.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ah cool... wives tail that i'm happy to be corrected on that, most likely the synchro issue as it gets passed on turns into you'll break the boxes...
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Jed
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Wives tail? ..I think you mean 'tale'..
    Then again I'm sure there's a few good wive's tails around ..just donn't get caught by the hubby when you're lookin at them! ..could end badly..

Seriously:
    Can I edit the title to include AE95 or is it best just to start a new build thread?
    ..and any recommendations on engine management for turbo GZE?

I don't know anything about engine management systems and what not..
    here's what I do know..

Engine's a small port from JDM AE92
    Turbo's a 2nd hand T25, came with a HKS cast top mount manifold.. but I'll sell that off ..prefer custom job
    No exhaust system to speak of yet.. interested in opinions on size.

Gear ratios are a bit funny in the AE95's ..considering something more streetable to go with engine set up, perhaps from one of the E-series cellica 4wd boxes
    Last edited by JedzWagn; 19th October 2012 at 06:52 PM.

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

this thread needs pics of your 3 ae95r's.

Name
    Jed
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Will have to start up a photo bucket account and upload them all.

In the mean time go here..

& here..