Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default 20v cooling systems

what have people been using for the cooling of the 20v

and what are peoples thoughts on the ss works,rschita,samq ones that are around on the markets.

cheers
    hachi roku

Name
    Brett
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

Ive been running samq's cooling system setup on my 20v ae86 for nearly a year.
    The car's never ran hot or done anything it shouldnt have.
    Samq's products are great quality
    Im also running his front mount dizzy kit.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Bang for buck samq wins....

Good quality kit, rschita is also ok, but bloody expensive.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Everyone says it's expensive but actually how much $$$ is it.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

$525 with the current exchange rate...

They have dropped a bit in price, i have seen second hand ones go for $600 in the past.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Sam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I will happily admit that I quite like the cast water outlet from the RS-Chita kit, however I have heard their no longer being made? I thought they where more expensive too. You have to fit the rear wheel drive pumps to suit those though, which means you then need the super hard to find and expensive rear wheel drive alternator mount.

The downside of my kit is that you need to move the idle control valve if your going to run a heater and a small releif needs to be cut out of the alternator tensioner bracket for the water pipe. Simple jobs but I would rather people know. Also I seem to be the only one offering people the option of no heater and their own choice of sensor threads or just buying individual parts.

The SS works kit uses external water lines- so bulk, real ugly and prone to air locks but that's just my opinion.
    My website: SQ Engineering - 4AGE and 3SGE upgrade/replacement parts

- SQ Engineering on facebook -

Please e-mail to contact me instead of sending a private message on here.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yes the Chita Kit is JDM over function.

I like Sams way as thats what I use but I am also interested in the expensive T3 kit that flows the coolant as Toyota intended. That said Sams system is fine and I can report no issues in 2-3 years of running this way.

Name
    Sam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

would you be able to elaborate on what you mean by this?

the coolant flow is only changed for a single transfer port that has no cooling effect on the engine, it was an internal way to remove the earlier external transfer pipes of the 16V engines, so why would it bother you it not being used? On your 2AZ engine it has the same thing but on the exhuast side. Be carefull with the T3 kit, I have some customers come to me complaining about it, one had to mod it bolt up and after that it still leaked.
    My website: SQ Engineering - 4AGE and 3SGE upgrade/replacement parts

- SQ Engineering on facebook -

Please e-mail to contact me instead of sending a private message on here.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Just that the chita kit looks ugly and untidy, like a 16v cooling system. Like you said the 20v is a different animal.

The way I use my 20v cooling system with your parts in it, I input and remove water at a different point in the system.

Instead of freshly cooled radiator water coming into the inlet side first, because you intercept the coolant at a different point, you actually heat the water with the exhaust side of the engine first, then it runs through the inlet side, then is metered out by the thermostat under the throttles on the inlet side, making the inlet where the hottest water is. Its simple science to know its better to do it the way Toyota intended. Its not a problem, but if you were looking for every last skerrip of performance it could be better. We've been through this before anyhow.

I dunno how well made the t3 kit is, but all their items I've had before have been the shit. Cant say specifically about the cooling kit, as it's not something I've ordered, but I like how it works on paper.

The 2azfe works completely different Sam. It has an internal bypass in the block and those chrome pipes you see on it are designed to go to the heater and the throttle body. The thermostat lets water into the engine, not out, so its not even a comparison at all really.