Robert
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default Engine wiring issues need help

Hi guys im doing my first engine swap from 4ac to 4age
    to clarify it is a 100kw 4age from an ae92 with a loom to suit an ae86
    i have already purchased a digital fuel sender and assuming that it is a 100kw 4age id think the oil pressure switch is correct.
    just a couple of things

the engine has been swapped over already and im now tackling the wiring.
    for those who know plug 3d on the junction box next to the brake peddle has a broken wire green with brown dots and i cant find anything in the wiring diagrams that leads to this wire.
    under closer inspection it appears that two of the green wires in that white plastic clip on the firewall have been melted and i have no idea how to trace them back and see if they are still good or need replacing.

on my original adm loom there was a voltage regulator in the engine bay. on the jdm loom there arent any plugs to suit this however there is an identical plug located in the passenger footwell attached to the same cluster of wires as the ecu plugs
    i haven't been game enough to plug the voltage regulator into that plug in case it causes an earth where it shouldn't be. however i cant find anything else that it could plug into.

i have re wired my cluster wiring to suit the digital dash cluster using a diagram i found here
    the tail light, engine, door,indicators all light up however the highbeam light is not working (globe is fine) and the speed fuel and temp displays do not light up when the key is turned to the on position.

i was wondering if anyone in vic near stalbans has done the conversion for the digital cluster that i can test mine out on to confirm it is a wiring issue rather than a cluster issue.
    and if anyone is familiar with the wiring if i could pay you to have a look over it all and point me in the right direction.

the wires have all been channeled to where they need to go i just need help getting everything to work now

my mobile number is 0425 281 503 if you live local and can lend a hand either with the cluster or with the wiring at all any help at this point would be greatly appreciated as i feel like i have hit a brick wall in the conversion.
    Last edited by z_brutalis; 8th November 2012 at 07:31 PM.

Name
    Robert
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

feeling the love here guys 130 views not one reply. im just asking for some advice/help more than anything i just want to confirm that my digital cluster isnt fucked

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

So what exactly is the problem? Are you saying you want help in getting the engine running? or you just want the digidash to work? Have you earthed the brown wire? How much needs re-pinning and have you done all of it? Are the fuses still intact?

Throw the voltage regulator at one of your enemies, if you have any that is. They are made redundant by the internal regulator in the alternator.

Name
    Robert
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

hey just an update i've read over every diagram on the internet and worked out that its not my wiring that's at fault the digital cluster is dead

Senior Member Hen may possibly be a nut's Avatar
    Name
    Hen
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Regarding the voltage regulator, the 4AGE alternator has an internal reg. So many of the wires that ran to the old 4AC voltage regulator disappear. Though you still need to connect a couple. Check a wiring diagram to find out what and where.

Name
    Robert
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

ok hen an update for you ive managed to get the car running still no luck with the digi cluster i believe its dead as only the tacho lights up when i power the whole thing up.
    now chasing 4age throttle cable
    clutch slave
    exhaust gasket
    and some heat shielding for the clutch lines.