Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: mx83 soon to be 2jzge

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

nice car,goodluck with swap,you going to manual. it aswell?

Name
    aaron
    State
    south australia
    Country
    australia

yeh the 2jz is gonna be so much better than the 7m slug. i believe my engine mounts bolt straight on as i have the 92 model cressy but if i have trouble getting it in ill pm you!

power steering resi is on the pump on the -ge so should be pretty simple setup i assumed. ill defiantly be asking some questions as i have just started to read your jzx83 build and around half way through seems like you've had fun with it haha but yeh i think i added you on fb when i got half way through as i wanted to see if you had more pics of the cressy stalker i know haha love the colour of it suits the body contours right!

manual is defiently on the cards but i just want to get it in and the price of gbox's are too damn high!

cheers, aaron
    Last edited by hillzy; 19th November 2012 at 08:35 PM.

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

true true,what sorta gearbox do you guys use,w57 or something?is that even a box haha no idea

Name
    aaron
    State
    south australia
    Country
    australia

think its the W58 and the r158 or sumthing and the r158 needs widening of the gearbox tunnel

Name
    Jamie
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

R154 is the best box for the money but something like the getrag 6 speed out of the supra would be the ultimate all that stuff is easy only thing is making clutch pedal box and pedal as nothing really fits that well unless you can fork out $530 for the ajps kit

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I've heard rumours of people using an ae92 peddle box successfully... But i haven't confirmed that myself.

With the mounts, on the turbo models you swap the mounts from the passenger side to the drivers and vice versa... You'd assume the NA is the same, but the shit thing with jz blocks is they have so many different mounting holes.

I bought the kits off ebay for mine and I used the wrong position and had to rip the motor back out to rectify it but in reality it only cost me about an hour of time so i can't complain too much.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

oh and whilst pirtek do house visits you'll save about $50 by going into one of their stores as you won't have the call out fee added on top of the hose price.

If you can relocate your reservoir to the passenger strut tower so save hoses having to be ran from one side to the other unneccessarily.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    aaron
    State
    south australia
    Country
    australia

ill look into manual conversions a bit later as money will slowly come in as work is slow atm. i have heard of swapping around the engine mounts but yeah ill find out when i go to put it in! and did you guys put the motor and trans in at the same time or separately?

what lines/hoses are power steering lines made out of just normal rubber hose or steel with rubber coating? could make them up myself if just hose possibly

also if anyone has a front sump please PM me i want this motor in soon! haha

cheers, aaron

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

your crossmember will bolt up, but 7m engine brackets will not fit a 2jz, basically u have the x member/engine mount/alloy engine bracket, the mounts and x member u leave stock, the brackets is what u need and what i have for sells

i also have a front sump
    MY JZX83 (clicky)
    My Beams Powered AE86 SOLD (clicky)

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

Name
    aaron
    State
    south australia
    Country
    australia

yeh the bloke gave me the engine mount brackets from the 2j so yeah ill just use the original rubber! haha and pm me how much you want the front sump prefer to get everything so i can change the sump over no hassles!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast