Thread: mx83 soon to be 2jzge

Name
    aaron
    State
    south australia
    Country
    australia

Default mx83 soon to be 2jzge

i bought a mx83 cressida as my first car, it runs well but chews up the petty lol. interior is pretty good with only a few blemishes on the leather seats and the outside wasn't too bad besides paint fade on the bonnet and a few scratches here and there. i eventually got bored with it looking down at cars and chucked in some s14 springs that i got for $20 bucks which gave me a fair decent drop in the back and the front i saved a little more and bought some ssr integral gtr's? i believe. after driving around i got bored not being able to spin the wheels so tonight i am going to pick up a 2jz non turbo as i am on my p plates and i cant drive turbo the 2jz only has 78,000k's and it came from an imported jza80 from JDMland. i will be making updates regualy as i want the new heart in. hopefully some of you cressy boys will be able to help me as i get stuck!

ill get more picks up later tonight!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_01021.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	27476Click image for larger version. 

Name:	565464_10151274161363891_1036780272_n.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	27477
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_1347537733924227.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	27475  

Name
    Adrian
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

You do know that your not aloud to drive it with an engine conversion as well? You'll just have to hope cops dont know its not a standard engine haha....

Name
    aaron
    State
    south australia
    Country
    australia

they look pretty much excatly the same and there 3L ill just write 7mge on the CAM cover

Name
    Jamie
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

You'll be sweet man I'm on my ps and drive 1j cresy just don't drive like a retard and you won't get pulled over I have been rbt and they didn't even look twice

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Haha gl with that, but being realistic if you do the conversion cleanly then it takes a keen eye to pick it as not being standard. Don't be too shy and ask questions and if i know the answer i'll happily respond.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    aaron
    State
    south australia
    Country
    australia

haha ill try anyway, but i am getting someone to do all the wiring for me so it will be all clean. also for power steering anyone know a good place to get custom lines made up? or have them for sale?

no doubt ill be asking questions along the way as this is my first engine swap. cheers

Name
    aaron
    State
    south australia
    Country
    australia

to the people who have done this conversion or have experience i would like to know the custom stuff ill need to get other than power steering lines because i am unsure as of yet weather the tail shaft will bolt up being an auto box? where do i put the fuel filter and just use toyota fuel pump or aftermarket and will the 7mge fuel lines be the same? so if im missing anything just comment would help a shit load as i want this too go smoothly cheers aaron

Name
    Jamie
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Not sure about south oz but pirtek pretty sure they will come around your house and do it, what gear box are you using? Standard pump will be fine unless your doing big mods don't bother, fuel filter you can just cut the fuel line down near we're it goes from hard line to rubber hose (under the passenger side footwell) and grab z200 fuel filter and then run your own hose off that to rail, or not having done 2jzge you may be able to use factory set up? Just have to wait and see what you've got.

Name
    aaron
    State
    south australia
    Country
    australia

yeh thanks for that i have been recommended to go for pirtek as they have vans that do home jobs have you do your power steering lines from them if so how much they charge! the gearbox is stock auto from a jza80 supra so should be all good there! and do they use the stock gbox mounts off the 7mge and line up with the shifter position? fuel filter should be easy then, and i think the fuel line will fit which is good. thanks for the info man!

and heres the 2jz-ge!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	283270_10151280527863891_2018927730_n.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	27481
    Last edited by hillzy; 19th November 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

2jz should be good man!! i have a set of jzx90 engine mounts for sale if you need, run them on opposite side and it will sit the engine nicely, u just use the 7m rubber mounts and the jzx90 items i have and you will be set to bolt it in

as for pwr steer, u just need a line from the rack to the pump i think, as the 2jzge has the pwr steer resivoir on the pump itself from memory, and questions feel free to ask
    MY JZX83 (clicky)
    My Beams Powered AE86 SOLD (clicky)

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast