Name
    Jay
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default 4agte with Dizzy ignition setup

Hey Guys

I am going to be doing a 4agte on my current NA JDM Bigport 4age. Just looking to run low boost for the moment in its current form so the bottom end doesn't go bang.

Ive been doing a heap of searching the last couple of days to try and work out if anyone has done a 4agte setup with a normal dizzy as apposed to going to a 4agze CAS setup.

I was going to get some GZE injectors and then try control the fuel with SAFC.

If anyone could shed some light on this that would be great and any other information that would be great.

thanks
    Rust is a way of life

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Sure, dizzy doesn't know whether the motor is tubocurarine or not, nor does it care. It might when you start to run anti-lag with it.

Safc might deal with the fuel ok but you need to run a 2 bar map sensor. Double the map sensor (halve the signal) double te injector, trim it around with the safc and your fuelling is dandy.

Sounds sweet til now but you can't run a turbo motor on stock ignition map. You need to retard timing on boost, not advance it with more boost. You need a timing controller too at which point you might as well just buy an adaptronic.
    Hey, I ain't saying you can't run turbo on stock ecu, people have done it successfully, just not to optimum.

Oh and stock trigger wheels in the dizzy will only allow you batch injection and distributor. You can modify the for banked injection and spark or full sequential.

Name
    Jay
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the info Ken

Would I be able to run the adaptronic with the standard dizzy or will I need to go to a 4agze CAS setup.

If anyone has suggestions on what they have done with their own 4agte setups that would be great.
    Rust is a way of life

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Standard 24/4 trigger wheels are fine. You just gotta deal with batch injection. Cut teeth off if you want banked or sequential.

I as gonna turbo the na motor in my street ae71 but I ended up not going through with it. Had errything figured out to do it the best compromise way and you should run at least a megasquirt2. If you can't build and tune one of those, an e420d or ps500 is your next cheapest option. and they do a lot.

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I am running my 4AGTE with a dizzy feeding into my Adaptronic. I am running a waste spark setup though so I don't actually need the dizzy cap part so I have pulled the rotor out and caped it off. Works well for my application.

Cheers
    Paul

Name
    Lawrence
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Nail on the head. FYI you can use a smallport 4AGE distributor if you don't want to go grinding teeth off. They're a lot cheaper too.

Oh and don't even consider trying to run the engine on anything but fully programmable management. Factory computers are designed to run factory motors. SAFC's suck.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Do you have a aw11 4agze or a smallport? They are technically a CAS and will allow sequential ign/injection. If it's a 3 wire dizzy then it will be running waste waste (yes, twice) spark. May look like waste spark but both coils will be firing at the same time.

Name
    Jay
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Ok so if I kept my standard ignition setup but changed over to a small port dizy and go a full aftermarket ecu I can get away with it all?

What are your recommendations on ECU choice?
    Rust is a way of life

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Mine is a ZE block but has a 4 wire dizzy. Trust me with 170rwkw on 13 psi I am pretty sure I am not running waste waste spark.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, you've got an aw11 gze with distributor which is cas.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with waste waste spark, it's just funny. What turbo are you runnn to make 170wkw at only 13psi?

Rusto, you can get away with 3 wire dizzy, nothing wrong with it but ou have to keep dizzy. You can switch to coil packs if ou do smallport dizzy. If you want to pass emissions, you need a cas otherwise no real point in swapping.

As much as I don't wanna say this, get a haltech ps500. A few of my mates have had problems with adaptronics e420c's. My pick is vipec v44 or link g4 storm. In saying that, I personally have a megasquirt ms3 but would get a v88 if I had cash to blow. Try not to get an old haltech e8/e11, you can make them work but people usually get it wrong. I dunno about the e420d or e440 or 1280.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast