Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Update for the day:
    Afternoon spent with the family.
    Missus taken out to dinner and pampered..

Right! Now that that's taken care of I will spend the next week indulging in my sprinter fantasy lol :p
    In all seriousness though, I only have till the 6th to get the car ready for the painter.

Having said that, I didn't do nothing today.
    I finalized payment for Craig so hopefully aforementioned parts will arrive mid Dec.
    Also bought a set of stainless extractors off Anthony.
    Things are progressing, stay tuned! ^-^
    Last edited by burcoty; 4th December 2012 at 07:53 AM.

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

white down bottom might get stained with tar/road/rubber debris,goodluck,sounds like its good hands,is that a early trueno bumper?or something from usa,euro or something?

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Won't be any worse then any of the other white cars getting around, will just have to look after it a bit better
    Yeah from what I've been told it's the earlier zenki front end. Read earlier posts to see someone pull me up on it 'cause I buggered up and said it was kouki lol.
    Last edited by burcoty; 5th December 2012 at 09:42 AM.

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

So here's an update of what's been happening over the past few days:
    I finished pulling all the dash support, steering column and wiring out.
    Then I removed the and cleaned up the rust and brake fluid in the drivers foot well. Before:

After:

At this stage I was sick of doing that so I started removing the engine.
    Got about half way when I noticed the drivers chassis rail was bent. Bellow is taken straight from the off-topic thread where I first complained about it.

After I seen that I went from being on a high with things progressing to rock bottom thinking that it was unrepairable and that all my hard work on this shell was for naught.

But I got on here, had a rant, and was informed that it could be fixed and not to stress to much. Just wanna say thanks again for that guys

So down to the local panel beaters I went and had a chat. They sent out a mechanic to look it over and after doing so he told me it's repairable and should only take him a day or so.

So I've finished pulling out the engine, wiring and all other bolt-ons In the engine bay and chucked the steering column and dash support back in so that It can be moved around. Only things left to cone out are door trims and glass.
    when i get home door trims will cone off then I'll be dropping it off to sheen at 8am.
    After I get it back all the glass will come out and it'll get carted off to the painter on Thursday.

Finally here's how I got to the underneath :p

Tyrone.
    Last edited by burcoty; 6th December 2012 at 02:41 AM.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Good progress, shame about the rail. Certainly putting some love into it.

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Just got back from dropping the car off at the panel beaters. Probably gonna set me back around $600, which in turn will probably set back getting coilovers another week (sorry Chris)
    And thanks, I'm really excited to see stuff happening after so long of waiting.
    I'll be super motivated once the paint is finished.
    Last edited by burcoty; 6th December 2012 at 01:01 AM.

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Car was ready by lunch and as I thought It was $600. It's kind of annoying because I feel like he jacked up the price after I told him that if it was around $500 I would be happy. Reason being that in the conversation I had with him when initially inquiring he had said that if it only took a few hours it would be around $250 but if it took the whole day then it would be $5-600. The car was only there 4 hours.
    On top of that they ripped the front tow hook right off the chassis. I didn't notice till I got home and they didn't mention it, mind fix it. A simple apology would've sufficed but got nothing.

So basically I'm going to have to ask Vue and see how much he'll charge me to fix it up.
    I swear if my missus realizes how much this is costing she's gonna flip :/

Regardless of all that though I'm still pretty excited that it's going to the painters today.
    Last edited by burcoty; 6th December 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

If they broke it i believe they should be the ones to fix it, payment shouldn't be needed.

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I agree but at the same time the fact they did it in the first place shows a complete lack of respect and poor work ethic imho.
    I would rather someone else do it then let it re-enter their workshop.
    Also at the end of the day these places work a lot off word of mouth for getting business and I'll be telling anyone who's interested to steer clear.

Update:
    Finished stripping the few things that were left on the car this morning; door trims, roof lining etc. Then carted the shell down to Vu at D.T panels.
    After chatting to him for a few hours it was agreed that he would do the following:
    Respray the outside in the inverted panda scheme inc door jambs, inner guards and engine bay.
    Minor repairs on the front and rear bars.
    Remove front clip (radiator supports etc.) From a half cut and re-stitch it to my shell.
    Seam weld engine bay
    Roll front and rear guards to fit 15x8.5s with +-0 offset (what he's running on his). Although I have to have a chat to Chris @ shockworks an make sure they'll clear the shocks, if not I'll have to settle for 15x8 with -5/10 offset I think.
    Organize new windscreen as the old one has to come out anyway.
    Fix the tow point (he included it in the price of the front clip )
    Estimated time of completion is mid January which suits me as it takes the strain off my finances (which are only that way due to my impatience lol)
    I personally think the pricing is reasonable and the quality of the work on the other cars that I seen seemed to be very good ^-^
    Also the stuff I've ordered off Craig should be here mid next week which now includes aforementioned half-cut.
    Gotta say I'm getting pretty excited atm hehe

Next update when Craig's stuff arrives.
    But in the meantime I'll try to get some work done on the track hack so watch that thread for updates shortly

Tyrone.
    Last edited by burcoty; 21st December 2012 at 12:35 AM.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

They'll fit.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast