Thread: Inverted Panda Project.

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Engine is in, running well.
    Just wanna relocate the fuel filter to neaten up the bay a bit more.
    Unfortunately an exhaust stud snapped so gonna have to buy a stud remover an take it out before it's driveable again. Hopefully will have the exhaust sorted by the end of the week then I can book it in for a wheel alignment and move onto the interior

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Managed remove the broken stud and swap out the exhaust during the week so engine itself is pretty much sorted.
    Need to make up a bracket to mount the overflow bottle but have installed it temporarily so I can drive the car.
    Only a few things left remaining to be done in the engine bay now, need to install a thermo fan switch, install a washer bottle and relocate the fuel filter but other than that I'm pretty happy.

Need to bleed the brakes and have it booked in for a wheel alignment on Monday but haven't managed to make a start on the interior yet.
    Hopefully will make some more progress in the next week or so!

Name
    Ed
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

very nice mate!!! keep the updates coming
    she looks great!

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

So, has been a month since last update, unfortunately haven't had as much time to make progress as I would've liked due to uni, work an family commitments but I've done what I can here and there.
    I've relocated the fuel filter for a neater finish whilst still leaving it easily accessible.

I swaped the bleed valve and clutch line on the slave cyl because the line was touching the exhaust which has alleviated the issue.

Also filled in the hole in the front bar for a less noticable finish.

Finally, I've removed the diff centre because it was whining even though it seemed to operate just fine. Looks as tho the crown an pinion is worn so I'll be enquiring into how much it'll cost to replace them an go from there.

Last edited by burcoty; 19th November 2017 at 02:04 AM.

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Another Month has passed an still not finished. Hoping to have this more or less completed by xmas but we'll see how my luck runs!

Replaced the crown and pinion gears in the diff and she's now blissfully quiet compared to before!

Re-Sealed the windscreen because it was leaking and even managed to get the top weatherstrip to sit relatively nicely!

Interior is almost complete, will be removing the dash and Flocking it in the nect coupla days. Only a few bits and pieces left to prep and paint now!

Unfortunately Ive had issues with the bonnet and that'll need resprayed when the car goes back to the paint shop for final touchups but all in all she's almost there
    Last edited by burcoty; 17th December 2017 at 03:12 AM.

Name
    Arath
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States

Such a beautiful, careful build. Amazing progress!

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Finally managed to get around to flocking the dash! Unfortunately I forgot to take a before pic for reference Hopefully It still looks good once it's set an the excess has been blown off
    Still, pretty stoked with the finish so far!

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Dash is back in and sorted, just have to remove an paint the rear plastics now and the interior will be more or less complete

Having some trouble with cyl 2 losing spark, not sure if its wiring or a faulty coil. It's intermittent so will have to do some testing an pray its not a difficult fix lol
    Last edited by burcoty; 20th December 2017 at 10:34 PM.

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

So, finally got a chance to work on this again a bit today. Accidentally left the ignition on an the battery went flat so that along with xmas etc. has kept me busy.
    I swapped the coils around and am still having intermittent issues with cyl two so wiring is the cause. Pulled back the covering to see if there was anything obvious but to no avail so will have to troubleshoot further with a multimeter.

She's getting pretty close to being ready for sale now, will be organizing a visit to an auto elec soon to sort the wiring for the washer bottle, rear demisters and get the taco working as well as some other bits n pieces.

Still need to paint rear plastics an go back to the paint shop to repair some small damage and finishing touches.
    Hoping by the end of the month it'll be ready to advertise!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I have been considering flocking my dash too. Black interior probably makes a difference to the overall look once flocked.

Do you mind telling us roughly what it cost? I assume you needed to fill cracks first too?

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast