Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I apologize mate, life caught me up and I didn't realize you had replied

I picked up the flocking fibres on discount, for about $10 for 500g
    Unfortunately they didn't have any black sealant to go with it so I just used rtv black silocone to bond the flock to the dash. Basically just squeezed it on and then smoothed it out with a small foam roller. Acuaully worked a treat imo and would look good enough to use without flocking if you just wanted to smooth out a shitty dash in your daily or the like.

The damage to this dash was minimal, only one crack an a coupla dings. I sanded the crack down level and just filled it with the silicon, you wouldn't know it was there.

As for more damaged ones, probably a good idea to fill the major holes with bog/filler. The silicon does a good job of removing the slight imperfections tho.

On one final note, if you're gonna do it this way, it works best if you can apply pressure to force the flock fibres into the bonding agent. I applied light pressure and used a clean foam roller and some paper to prevent lines forming, but the more pressure you can apply the better the finish Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

As a general update, the car has just finished at the auto elecs.
    The car now has:
    A working stock tacho mated to the ecu
    Working windscreen washers
    Fixed rear demisters
    Fuel pump safety cut off installed
    Number plate lights

And also had the tune adjusted because it was running very rich and constantly fouling plugs. More could be done but the ecu is partially locked and only the fuel table is accessible, can't justify the cost of having it wiped and starting from scratch at this point.

Will be be booked in for engineering this coming week once I do a bit of shopping around and find someone who has experience with Shockworks coilovers.
    Any suggestions for S.E Melbourne would be good

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Over a year on, finalizing this project. Should be completed in the next couple of months once I've finished my Adv Dip.

Many things done in the last year including having the car go in for engineering and rwc check so I knew what needed doing.
    As a result of that have had the following things done;
    -new seat belts made up and fitted
    -new clutch fitted
    -differential disassembled and shims removed because they had transformed a good condition lsd into a near locked state causing shuddering
    -wheel alignment done to remove shudder ~100km/h
    -standard wheels refreshed and new rubber put on for rwc/ engineering purposes
    -standard bonnet acquired, sandblasted and in undercoat ready for small amount of rust repair b4 paint, again for rwc/eng purposes
    -fitted an chinamade/fleabay head unit to fill the hole and have some tunes when moving it about
    -designed and 3d printed 1st iteration of an intake plenum with filter incorporated, will throw up some pics of that and will be redesigning to better fit.

Probably more that I'm forgetting but will throw some pics up over the coming weeks and then things will pick up come next month.

'Till then

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9