Thread: The 'Smashed-up Drift Car' thread

Name
    Svenbot
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default The 'Missile' thread

There's just something about these cars that amaze me - that the driver is truly pushing him/herself to the very limit and wont let the appearance of the car get in the way of maximum fun or trying to get as close to the wall as possible.

Ive developed this obsession for japanese drift cars that are falling apart, rusted up, held together by blu-tac and receive no mercy by the madmen that drive them. Such popularity of this design scheme has increased recently with the exposure of drift festival events at Ebisu (matsuri).

This thread is dedicated to all discussion and media topics.

Let me begin.

Last edited by svenmate; 17th June 2009 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike86 View Post
    I heard svenmate research and development designed the moon. And the moon landing was just them eating breakfast.
    AE71 Build Thread

Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

fuck yeah i love missile skid cars! so hot right now haha. cool as.

next prac at lala ill try skim (prob fuck my whole qtr) the tyres with my bumper

edit: some sweet missiles on noriyaro more in other posts.
    Last edited by obey wan boenny; 17th June 2009 at 12:13 AM.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i like the guys that get close without fucking their cars up too bad. With these guys its not so much like the missle car dudes, but more so people that cant afford to repair their car or get a new one right away. I do appreciate them for staying out there and stuff, but you gotta have a little pride, your cars like a gf, gotta wine and dine them, keep em happy, just gotta treat em mean now and then to keep em keen. Not rape the crap out of them and throw them in the gutter, to me cars are more than just parts and random shaped pieces of steel.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

If we had 3000 dollar jzx 90 chasers here missile cars would be alot more popular!
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Clay
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

its the way they're driven thats appeling to me the things they can do in these cars others cant in there 15k cars because deep down they cant atempt the mentle shit coz in the back of there mind theres that possability they could lose alot

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

These cars are cool in a way, but end of the day, I can't say I actually like the style.
    Much prefer cars that are slightly on the rough side, but still have some presentation to it, these are just fucked, it's like saying rally bashers that you pick up super cheap here in Australia is cool.

Sure you can keep drifting without worrying, but I'd imagine most of these rigs aren't driving straight.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

...and your streeter is with the bent rail

its cool to a point, you can get super close to each other, not really much skill in smashing walls though.

From the videos ive seen these guys have plenty of skill, the damage comes from very minor mistakes because they are just pushing the drift envelope further than anyone ever has which in my eyes can only be a good thing.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Alex
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

less chat, moar pig chasers!

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

It's not bent, it's been straightened, just slightly crumped but still straight. Still far from a missile, like that 180SX which doesn't even have a rear anymore, it just gets ridiculous.

Like said by some, if it wasn't in Japan you'd neg the shit out of it and the owner. There's barely anything cool about a car beaten up to that point, the Chasers that Daigo, Fukuda and a few others own are considered missiles, the body has some damage here and there, but by general standards, still a 'car'.

The white 180SX by no means, is doing anything spectacular, the wow factor comes from the fact that he just smashes a few walls and keeps going, which a usual drift car probably wouldn't. The whole thing besides the novelty of completely fucked up, is a joke.

Also, the no-hatch rustopia AE86, going ONLY on the video that was posted with on 7tune, again, nothing special, any other AE86 driver in Japan would be doing that or even better. Not sure where the "he is pushing the envelope further in drifting" is just because it's a shit heap.

I still like watching this shit, and I guess I am ranting a bit, but I'm just confused how people are delusioned by pieces of junk doing the same as cars that actually look nice(r).
    Last edited by ae86hachiroku; 17th June 2009 at 02:58 AM.

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

It's allll about wall slapping ! and it's not just smashing into the wall, it's about how close you can get while still in control of your drift... And i think the way these guys think of it is.. If it spins 2.. susp is stiff and motor is good They couldn't care about the looks of the car.. because they know, theres no point in smashing up 1 car, buying another, smashing that up etc.. probably seems like a waste of money to them? And also, i think everyone knows if your going to drift.. your usually going to break shit... And also... i thought this was an appreciation thread to those who drive these cars.. not a rant thread about how bad people think they are.. My personal opinon is i give these guys 2 thumbs up!!
    Last edited by gumbie; 17th June 2009 at 07:40 AM.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast