Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: KE70 Desert Wind!

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yeah Pete, he got it from my brother. Your dad checked it out when he picked up some parts and briefly considered getting it as a track car. Previous owner converted it to AE71 driveline as he had a 71 spirit with good driveline and poor body, the KE70 driveline had done a lot of kms.

As a starting base it's a pretty good shell other than the rad support, but my bro said you were going flat front anyway so I'm assuming you'll change that during the build.

Looking forward to seeing this thing done up Jacob, hit me up if you need the window reg I'll have one here.

Name
    Jacob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Oh yeah, Peter and I chatted a while about the litter of corollas you have parked out front. They look well taken care of ready to last another 30 years!

The body was in poor condition and is a pain to clean, but I guess the gaunlet has been thrown down so I'm just going to try and smash it with my bro (he doesn't really do much except create more work lol)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121210_145419.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	27756

I have been lucky come across all the bits including an engine also including the flat front to fix those bits. I am in need of a reg though but its not urgent yet. I do need those rear qtr panels, I would rather replace the whole lot then do surgery on the rust to fix each one. I am contemplating using the front gaurds to fix it plus the flares on fronts seem larger so If I fit them it may allow Desert Wind to wear staggered fitment shoes cleanly. I'm just worried about how they can fit with the rear doors...

I was really hoping to get the whole rear undercarriage cleaned and painted and with new bushes but was side tracked with my R32 where I retro fitted a higher amp alternator for those days I need a heater, demisters, headlights, wipers and small village powered.

I have painted all the suspension arms and stuff and will put in new bushes when they are dry. Also found myself a 86 fuel tank which I cleaned up nicely. I didn't want to use KE one as I suspect it is rusted or dirty inside. At this stage I am painting the undercarriage which will be the last part before I put it together and give it a drive before starting on the front.

Name:	20121220_175429.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	27754

Cleaning the inside...

Name:	20121220_175749.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	27757

Name:	20121220_175659.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	27755

Anyways thats likely to be it for 2012 unless I call in sick for work. I might wait till I do a lot of work on it before my next update! Stay tuned
    Last edited by RIP86; 20th December 2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: I fixing my grammar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2