Hey,

First of all thanks for clicking this. Just letting you know you may have been misled coming here hoping to see an amazing example of a KE. This thread is more like a rant with pictures of rust. Anyways, a quick introduction; I rocked an ADM 20v AE86 back in the day. It was amazing and it flew and most of all I built it all myself from scratch with all the best bits. I write off in 2008 and after driving several different cars in between nothing has felt the same. So I have decided to build a KE70 with my little brother. So first thing was first, find an awesome platform and make it even more awesome. So I found this on this forum

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	134.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	137.7 KB 
ID:	27677

Name:	135.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	27678

Here are some high qual images for your viewing pleasure from when I got it home.

Name:	IMG_1050 6.00.51 PM.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	27679

Name:	IMG_1019.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	27680

Spectacular isn't it? well, the answer is 'no it isn't'. This was a horrible piece of s...t that should have went to the tip instead of our garage. But my brother and I were giddy little school boys dreaming of a clean beast with 4age goodness and ignoring the months of time and money that this rust bucket needed. I am sure some of you can relate.

As soon as I started exploring it I found something I didn't expect... bullet casings. One rifle bullet and several smaller bullets. Thats right! thats how bad ass this KE was, it was used in a drive by (well I certainly hope not since I put my prints on everything hugging the car when nobody was looking)

Name:	IMG_1053 6.00.51 PM.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	27681

It also had a gas conversion done on the car so it go to the moon and back on a single petrol stop.

Name:	IMG_1051.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	27682

Name:	IMG_1052.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	27683

Anyways here are the current specs

replace k motor with 4ac
T50
hydraulic clutch
A battery

And I have plans to put:

spray painted panels
A 'be patient I am lowered' hilarious JDM sticker
A dangly keychain on my rear tow hook

LOL no in all seriousness it was the worst platform to choose but now that I am stuck with it I am obligated to be a man and do the right thing and bring this back to life.

My intention an OEM style KE70 with subtle JDM nuances. But the first step is to clean this up and get it roadworthy (hahahahahahahahahah haha... roadworthy).

I have done a bit on the KE, updates soon from the Desert Wind.