Thread: GT86 received Defect for a stock safety feature

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

To be fair cops deal with allot of the scum in our society and the assume everyone is like that. My old man hit the nail on the head a few years back, call them ####s and they'll act like one.

when he was younger a cop would stop and change your flat tyre, say hello to you walking down the street and be part of the community. Now they act like they are above it
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Glad I wasn't around in the 70's when cops in QLD where dodgy, but doubt they would have hassled modified car owners. Mate from work used to have an old LJ Torana back in the early 90's when first got his license and when he went out in it they would see how long till he got pulled up, apparently the most times in one trip was 7, from Keppera on northside of Brisbane out to Willobank to the Drags, but that was mainly because of other things that had happened, they weren't really worried about the car.

Just get a 01/69 or older car that is pre ADR.
    "Not all commodore drivers are wankers, but all wankers drive commodores"

Name
    Josef
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

lol drifting a 66 stang or charger chuurrr.

also matt your dead on back when i was a kid had a great family friend cop came round in the patrol car played the lights n stuff i still have a cop hat he gave me minus the badge on it clearly, but these days your guilty until proven innocent i find, have met afew nice ones mind just because all my experiences or most of ae bad doesnt mean every cop is.

another example of how no life some cops are and a reason i dont use facebook n got over it. Troll party at a random blokes house posted on face book, me and every man and his dog especially the ones i knew laughed n trolled it hard, things like booze, steel caps, fun combo and other shadey remarks with no ntention f going.

2 odd days later had 2 DETECTIVES on my door step wake me the fuck up after night shift and read my comments back to me off pages printed out off face book, i was not impressed... so my local detectives are crcking down on facebook pranks not fkn murder, major crime etc.... still pisses me off till this day. at best this was a trainee's or constables job to ask this and ontop of this they said if anything happens i could be charged with inciting a riot, i almost laughed out loud at that.
    Last edited by sprinter666; 14th December 2012 at 02:24 PM.
    4-ac stock sprinter.

Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I just don't like that lots if not most of the cars that get defected are for parts that actually improve their performance.

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Fixed for you
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

The argument cops pull out is "the parts on the car were specifically designed for that car by engineers and went thru vigorous testing before being released on the market and you're just throwing Chinese shit in there cause it makes it adjustable"

The cop has no idea wether or not what you've put on the car is safe/er or even installed correctly. Thus the whole engineering/mod plate schemes..

To a certain point I can understand it, reputable car manufacturers have more on the line than an aftermarket parts company..

Dad used to drive trucks and he had RTA inspectors pull him over and go over the truck every now and then. They'd always point something out but be completely wrong. Dad would ask then if they were a qualified mechanic, they'd say no so he'd tell them essentially to get fucked.

If someone is gonna tell me that my car is unsafe, they'd wanna have knowledge/experience to back it up

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Double post
    Last edited by Kevspec; 15th December 2012 at 03:27 AM.

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

That's the problem Kevin, they don't need the knowledge to defect a car just a suspicion even if they are completely and utterly wrong.
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Once my court case is over on monday Ill youtube the video of how the cop acted with me on the side of the highway. Youll be shocked. It happens every day, and it only stops when you fight it and humiliate a Police officer in court. If I win on Monday Ill go after the badge of said Police officer. I let a dirty one off before and that wont happen again.

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

good on you

people just bend over and take it, looking forward to this

i am writing a paper on it
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast