Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: GT86 received Defect for a stock safety feature

Name
    Josef
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

linky link please keen to see this video.
    4-ac stock sprinter.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Kinda related but off topic a club organised a meet on the weekend and one of the guys showed up and did a huge skid when leaving, the club named / shamed the driver and notified the police.

Was this the right thing to do? I am on the fence, though contacting the police was going too far..
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Steve
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

For a first time offense (assuming it was) & depending on where is was Matt i would let it ride, but 1 bad apple will spoil the bunch if left unattended.

Shaming and naming is totally fine.

There is a time and place for that stuff and it isnt in broad daylight in public viewing.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

There is a big difference between drifting a couple of corners in the middle of no where vs going gutter to gutter in a residential street...
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Josef
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

^ spot on, cops yes a bit to far, naming and shaming on a medium like the forum or if hes at another meet and telling him to keep it in check perfectly ok.

until i read gutter to gutter in residential i thought it was to far, after that... well doing that is just a bit silly to be mild definitely needs reprimanding, cops... well... harsh but that shit cant go unchecked, we've all chirped leaving a meet weather u mean to or not but yeh thats just silly u dont pull that shit thats what gets meets shut down and hastled until you cant have a meet at all unless u organise it like a kgb christmas party.

i do get being on the fence you dont wanna take someones pride and joy off em but when your that unsafe you need to be taught the hard way.
    4-ac stock sprinter.

Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

In a situation like that informing the cops was called for. Better for the car forum to tell them then a member of the public, that way the police know the forum has responsible members that aren't going to tolerate bad behaviour. Then in future the cops will know the meets can be self-regulated, so they won't have to show up making sure people don't do anything stupid..

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

what a fucking joke

skids endanger no one (unless driver is retarded) you are usually going under 10kp/h and your foot is generally on the brake

EDIT: was it gutter to gutter in a residential street? surely the club could of spoken to him first?
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

If it was one of our meets than I would have given the pull your head in speach and save it for the right time / place. Pending the response ie my bad that would be the end of it.

And yep what I've heard it was at speed lock to lock in a residential street

Name
    Josef
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

yeh residential sped and gutter to gutter... moron... at a bare minimum warrants the speech, of all the people ive met on here safe to say im certain no1 here is that .... insert your definition here...

still anything like that in a residential zone utterly unacceptable. still... vids? lol
    4-ac stock sprinter.

Site Supporter
    Name
    Tony
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I saw the interview on ACA and thought the guy on there was a smug prick who deserved everything he got...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast