ok first it wasnt defected it received a traffic infringement notice and a $140 fine for daytime running lights but thats long so i went with defect so apologies.

was hesitant to post this up but... i blame matt.

so if you havnt already heard of this a member of vicpols finest, the highway patrol, no idea how to spell his name pettett? whatever its not the important part, many of you Victorians will have heard this name and quivered for fear of him lurking waiting to pull over your skylines, ae86's, corollas etc and get you for anything under the sun, i will not speculate what ive heard but im sure some of you have heard afew of the same stories. he has been targetting import/modified car owners for atleast 10 years so some say.

now this bloke, pulled over a stock gt86, i beleive he might have tinted his lenses or somthing? but stock in essence i may be corrected later, and handed the kid a traffic infringement notice for foglights i beleive yet they were daytime running lights listed as a safety feature in the cars manual and on the TAC website and complies completely with ADR standard, he wouldnt listen to any of this poppycock and handed out the find regardless.

so what? you say, well i dare say it gets worse when neil mitchel and some other top cop have a chat on the radio and call people knuckledraggers and the like and hype it up, have a read and a listen.

the facebook page that resulted due to the incident has since been removed so i can not share anything from there, vicpol did have this link i posted on their facebook timeline, which was an amusing discussion to read to say the least with people knowing none of the facts stating the hoon got what he deserved good on ya! and then those that did jumping on them..

so that is all sorry for the long windedness of it but i was highly amused, also there was an interviewer with cops and a car importer on 9 news last night so look it up, maybe the facebook page was a bad idea but i beleive it got around 1,800 likes/supports what have you.

discuss? thoughts? opinions? facts i missed? cheers.