Thread: GT86 received Defect for a stock safety feature

Name
    Josef
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default GT86 received Defect for a stock safety feature

ok first it wasnt defected it received a traffic infringement notice and a $140 fine for daytime running lights but thats long so i went with defect so apologies.

was hesitant to post this up but... i blame matt.

so if you havnt already heard of this a member of vicpols finest, the highway patrol, no idea how to spell his name pettett? whatever its not the important part, many of you Victorians will have heard this name and quivered for fear of him lurking waiting to pull over your skylines, ae86's, corollas etc and get you for anything under the sun, i will not speculate what ive heard but im sure some of you have heard afew of the same stories. he has been targetting import/modified car owners for atleast 10 years so some say.

now this bloke, pulled over a stock gt86, i beleive he might have tinted his lenses or somthing? but stock in essence i may be corrected later, and handed the kid a traffic infringement notice for foglights i beleive yet they were daytime running lights listed as a safety feature in the cars manual and on the TAC website and complies completely with ADR standard, he wouldnt listen to any of this poppycock and handed out the find regardless.

so what? you say, well i dare say it gets worse when neil mitchel and some other top cop have a chat on the radio and call people knuckledraggers and the like and hype it up, have a read and a listen.

the facebook page that resulted due to the incident has since been removed so i can not share anything from there, vicpol did have this link i posted on their facebook timeline, which was an amusing discussion to read to say the least with people knowing none of the facts stating the hoon got what he deserved good on ya! and then those that did jumping on them..

so that is all sorry for the long windedness of it but i was highly amused, also there was an interviewer with cops and a car importer on 9 news last night so look it up, maybe the facebook page was a bad idea but i beleive it got around 1,800 likes/supports what have you.

discuss? thoughts? opinions? facts i missed? cheers.
    4-ac stock sprinter.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

take note s13 drivers.... yes im talking to you and your stupid fog lights on during the day
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

If anyone knows the person who received the infringement, please forward me some contact details and I will assist him in referring the matter to the appropriate internal police departments for review.

Perhaps this is an abuse of powers, but from a police perspective all they saw was a facebook group being established that effectively was bullying the police officer in question. Sure facebook gains momentum quickly, but posting up a picture of the officer is a bit harsh.

The police like us are accountable for their actions, and like us if we do the wrong thing at work we will be diciplined. I think the best thing is to gather all of the facts and then make comments on what actually happened. If the cars lighting was modified, then it deserved the defect.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Josef
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

fair points matt but while i havnt encountered this man personally i have encountered an officer i know he directly trained and i was treated like a criminal, and yes police like any of us should be held accountable but the plain truth is who is a magistrate going to beleive a 23 year old in a japanese sports car or an respected member of law enforcement, without recording the officer somehow your bound to take a loss there, and taking it further up the chain you just know you will have cops keeping an eye on you waiting for a blunder so they can shaft you again. they have said it themselves numerous time that they look after their own.
    4-ac stock sprinter.

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

In QLD it is a $40 fine for having fog lights/daytime running lights as they are sometimes called, you can only have them on when there is fog.
    "Not all commodore drivers are wankers, but all wankers drive commodores"

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ahh , i missed all that, but if the guy had the lights on (driving lights / fog lights) and there was no fog then he should cop the fine on the chin and thank himself lucky he didn't get charged for creating the facebook page.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

well, the goodnews is all 50bazillion euro, hsv, foglights and diy copy daytime running lights can now rack off
    30kw club

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

This is in QLD though I don't know what the law is in VIC or other states.
    "Not all commodore drivers are wankers, but all wankers drive commodores"

Name
    Josef
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

guys daytime running lights are legal and will soon be brought in as a legal requirement for all new vehicles as they are standard on almost all new cars now, they CANNOT be switched off by the driver, as i stated these lights are ADR approved and TAC lists them as a safety feature as does the cars manual. they were not fog lights.
    4-ac stock sprinter.

Name
    Josef
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

also he didnt create the facebok page one of his mates prob did but he himself did not
    4-ac stock sprinter.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast