Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thankyou to this community of such decent men.....

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Default Thankyou to this community of such decent men.....

Well, where do I start......

I have just been given the news by Matt, about the AE86DC club donation of a new KE wagon, after my many recent mis-fortunes in the last 6 months.....

I feel I should share a response to everyone....

Honestly, I am pretty speechless.... Such an amazing gesture of kindness by all the individuals who contributed, too many to name names, but you know who you are, making this community so unique. The people I meet and the people I dont. Seems to make no differance to all the decent blokes on this forum and AE86 community. It's hard to find this kind of spirit these days....

I am taking this chance to thank EVERYONE involved in this, words cannot explain how this has made me feel. It has been a pretty rough week. Not so much physical injury, but the accident has made me think alot about life... Turning 30 next year and all my hard efforts are wrecks... This makes me happy that other people like my builds and gives me the motivation to continue this on...
    This car will have no $$$ value, but rich in sentimental....

To add to this, I would like to give a special thanks to Bob F (Airocobra). Some of you know him (Old blond fat guy from Canberra who can talk the arse of a talking robot ). He has helped me in many many difficult serious occasions now, and great bloke to share advice with. I cant thank him enough. Another great friend met thru the AE86 community....
    Thankyou Bob, your help never goes unnoticed/un-appreciated.

To those who have no idea what this is all about, follow this link, and read the story.

Simply - Build car in limited time (one month) -> legal rego and tuning on a thursday (made 186kw) -> HR Annual Cruise on the Saturday -> Head on accident with a landcuriser and 4x4 trailer on the Sunday morning.......

This is after "loosing" 2 built AE86's in the last 6 months to accidents too......

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

I love the granny visor, and the bullbar thing at the front seems somewhat appropriate....

Name
    Bob
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Kind words from a very motivated young man. ( obsessed also comes to mind ) . For those that contributed to this , I can only say well done ( aussie mateship is still alive and well ) if only surviving in small pockets . But the main focus of thanks must go to Matt , as he is the person that was the driving force behind this act of wonderful kindness. Well done to all those that had a kind word or a dollar or two to spare to make this happen . We have helped a mate in need and will all be the richer for doing so . I know my mercy dash to Jindabyne was a adventure it's self for me ( two young Finish tourists , stranded by the road ............ ) But thats another story !!!!!!

Cheers to ALL !!!!!!!! and seasons greetings Bob

There was one -- but it was destroyed ------ then there came another ----- and the two would be come one ---- and those that will look upon it will be glad ---- and all will be wonderful again . ( from the book of reborn )
    Last edited by AIROCOBRA; 16th December 2012 at 07:44 AM.
    ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG ------ I MUST BE VERY VERY VERY BAD

AE86 4AGE 16V N/A TRACK CAR ( RED )
    AE86 ROLLING SHELL --- IN CASE i F-CK UP !!!!!! (PRIMER )
    AE86 ADM UNDER CONSTRUCTION ( STREET CAR) 4AGE 16V , (RED )
    AE86 Trueno ( RESTORE TO PERIOD GOODNESS ) White
    AE86 4AGZE Wreck ( to be rebuilt into Khannacross fun car )
    KE 15 x 2 -- SPRINTER ( RESTORE TO PERIOD GOODNESS ) RED
    TE72 (T18) X 2 BIT OF PAINT , BIT OF MECHANICAL way we go RED
    Soarer 1995 1JZ Factory 5speed (R154 )

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

It makes me proud to be part of this community and seeing people donate their hard earned $$$ ( and wishing to remain anonymous too) to someone who they barely know who has had some terrible luck.

We still have the hassle of getting it down to the act, so if you are in Brisbane, port Macquarie etc and have a trailer and some spare time shoot me a pm.

otherwise who is keen on a rd trip in about 3 weeks time?
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Milan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

money received. car ready to go.

best of luck with this car.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ok guys, I just started to put the wheels in motion with getting this car back, though I've hit a hurdle in that the storage area lined up until the school holidays are over has fallen through. So, what I'm asking is, can someone store this car for up to 1 month in Qld until the middle of Jan / Australia day etc. or alternatively lend me a tow car either this weekend or next so I can head up to grab it.

If you can store it a Tilt tray tow truck will drop the car off, keep in mind that there is no engine or box in this, otherwise I'd organise a transport company to bring it down. It is near impossible to get anyone to transport it , as it is not running.

The seller needs the car gone from his place asap as well...

Let me know
    Matt
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

heart warming stuff (no sarcasm at all)

great to see guys

if i can help out JoJo flick me a pm, i have heaps of boxes of old shit (starter motors, brake, clutch master etc etc) let me know
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Thanks Davo.
    Looks like the engine will be fine, so all basic engine accessories are still good...
    It is my suspension which is the greatest loss..... (including GReddy coilovers ) All pretty much scrap now
    And obviously all cooling components are scrap as well.....

Name
    Jon
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

If i can move my Red ke70 asap (Sold awaiting owner to pick up) this can be stored at my place (my GF will kill me).

Apart from that if you are really stuck I could ask a mate of mine who has a large backyard he could store this in

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

i've emailed these guys for a quote:

i put in door to door but obviously it will be cheaper if it was picked up from a depo.
    will let ya know what they come back with.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast