Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AJPS undercar surge tanks - design updated

Name
    Dude
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

lol yeah i saw that but can't make much of it..
    Post more up for us? thanks

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

If you look at it enough it will eventually make sense

I will take a series of photos when I do the install in my car... which will probably still be a few weeks away

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

thanks robbo
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Pete
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Dave wats the third outlet for. Inlet/ outlet and ???
    ROYAL GARAGE NEWCASTLE

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Overfill/return to tank Pete

-edit: maybe not; I replied without looking at the pic... :/

Name
    Paul
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Has anyone fitted an under car surge tank setup to a ke20. There isn't much room for one... Any ideas?

PM me please

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

lazy is right
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Hey guys, here is a segment from my SR build thread where I installed one of these, it includes a couple of things I would change if I installed the tank fresh again, so hopefully this should clear up any questions you guys have!

OK, to give people an idea of where these things go, this is the area without the tank yet installed:

This is just under the rear driver's wheel well. You can see the tank guard plastic and the start of the panard bar from its little tower. The tank actually sits right up against the crossemember that the panard bar is anchored to. In fact, don't be tempted to leave a small gap between the tank and the crossmember as I did on the first attempt because the surge tank will then foul on the fuel tank when you try to re install it!

I suggest you drop the fuel tank and undo the hard line anchor point and get everything out of the way and then just play around a little with the surge tank until you are 100% on how it will end up sitting.

Once that is done you will see you need to bend the attachment arm a little in order to get it mount properly, but its a pretty easy job. Again in hindsight I would actually have bent it more aggressively to move the tank a little bit more towards the chassis rail for clearances.

Then you just mark up points to drill some holes so that you can bolt it to the car. I ended up having to elongate my holes a little because I didn't have the surge tank right up against the panard bar support crossmember when I first fitted it up.

Once that is done its just a matter of fitting up your pumps and gear and then connecting the lines to the appropriate hard lines. As I mentioned earlier, my hardlines aren't exactly standard, so I'm not positive, but I would expect that other people fitting this surge tank will also need to bend the factory hardlines as they run essentially right into where your pump will end up sitting. I think mine is also a little further to the center of the car than is completely ideal as my pump practically fouls on the inner support strap for the fuel tank.

Anyway here is a completed picture of my fuel system and a diagram I made to work off before starting:

Hmm just noticed a typo in the diagram, should be 044 in my case, meh

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Thank you very much for going to that effort for the good of the forum!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

No worries Dave, sorry it took so long

Current Cars:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast