Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Ugly Duckling. SR86. 'Haters gunna hate, Tyres gunna bake'

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Shit Robbo you have been busy in the last couple of days, if you need a hand with anything let me know.

I have decided to wait regarding the respray on mine. It seems that I have never really had the chance to use it for what I wanted so I am just going to track it over the next 12 months and then look to respray it at the end of next year unless a mint shell comes up in the mean time.

Cheers
    Paul

Name
    Tyler
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Should have left the motor and just painted it caged it and ditched the interior would have been awesome fun and different plus it worked well and made a tone of power

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

NO! A 1G-GTE weighs a fukload? Old 6cyl cast iron block.....

Not the best option for a Ae86 drift car..... I drove this car before we pulled it apart. Handling and weight balance setup was terrible.....

Name
    will
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

How much do SR20's weigh? Out of curiosity.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Haha, Thanks for all the responses guys! I was expecting a lot more negativity!

@Johl & Low Style: I personally agree with you about the tail lights and have bought some cheap redlines to go on, BUT I need the cash from selling everything if I am going to build the car within my deadline. If you want you could buy them and make a video of them being smashed

@Matt: The car is quite a good base underneath and has a few things done to it that I would have had to have done for the SR conversion anyway!

@ahstwin: The interior wasn't really the ugly bit, but it certainly isn't to my taste. There was clearly a lot of time put into it. As I said before though, certainly doesn't suite a track car, so it will be up for sale as a complete set including the speakers in the doors and rear 1/4 trims!

@lanceae86: Hopefully your friend doesn't see this thread/hate me too much, lol

@lolwat: That is my folk's place, the car lived there whilst I was away for work.

@Paul: Sounds like the smarter way of doing things mate!

@70Rolla & willeE7: JoJo has the right of it, the motor was just too heavy and made the car feel too weird in the bends. On top of that with where the turbo was in the engine bay, daily driving was fine, but if you did a couple of laps on a track you would probably melt the brake fluid reservoirs right off the master cylinder and run the thing straight into a wall! As for weights SR20's are pretty much a dead ringer for a 4AGE. (The bottom picture is the one you want). I remember when I shipped my old stock bigport that the weight (with all accessories inc clutch fan etc, primaries and full of oil) was ~160kgs! That's why I have opted for an SR, more power, factory reliability and very little effect of the balance of the car.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to do any more in the last couple of days and today I will be driving to Sydney to pick up my brand new 86

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Tyler
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Excuses maxhag anything can be driven will only make you a better driver getting behind the wheel of a variety of cars/setups

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Grow up... A car needs to be balanced / setup correctly other wise it is not enjoyable driving it.

I think the positive feedback is because you are fixing the previous owners mistakes..
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

See how I said "not the best option".........
    Robbo does'nt build cars for "a tonne of power".... I would say he is a bit more sophisticated than that.... Not really someone who would settle for a shit car, just cause it's there.......
    I dont think Robbo feels the need to be driving "differant" B grade setups. He has owned a variety very good cars, ranging from Z32's, AE86's, EVO's, new 86 etc....

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

I doubt you could make the car any worse than it was Robbo. So, if you get negitive feedback, you are even more fucked up than than the random who built the car..... hahahahahah

Name
    Phuoc
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

pics of the new 86 Robbo
    Pick up Sydney
    Pics can be sent by phone
    Emails ignored
    Texts ignored
    Private numbers ignored