Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Ugly Duckling. SR86. 'Haters gunna hate, Tyres gunna bake'

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Thought you might have been onto something when you said vg30....

And drumroll......................

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default Donor Car bought!

OK, I rushed out yesterday and bought another car to donate it's engine to my project.

It is a conversion I have only even heard of (and that was in Japan), and given I had been involved in that community for around 8 years before making the switch to AE86's, I would say it is very unique!

Anyway, without further a due:

Yes that's right, a Z32 300ZX 2 seater targa with an S15 SR20DET in it! (you heard it here first)

The engine ran very well and the condition of the car is quite good to boot!

Kind of a shame to pull it out really, but the clutch is gone anyway and skids are calling!

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Sad to see that car dying but for a good cause

Name
    John
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Good shit robbo! Was wondering what you were at until I seen the sr sitting in there!
    This gunna be sweet, will it see street at all or just track?

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

wait so the z32 cost less or the same as a SR20det engine package?
    dose

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Pretty much what I thought

At this point I will say just track, if I do manage to keep rego it will literally be between the track and home

Yes... I don't believe it either

Current Cars:

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Ugh. All that effort to make the car slightly faster than an NA zed. Woulda been cool if it had as much work as the 1g had in it.

On the upside there's a vg30 s15 somewhere right?

Send me the brakes off the zed? I wanna put bigger brakes on the cororra.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Afraid not, I dare say there was an S15 with a 4WD firmly implanted in its hind quarters though

I reckon this car could have had some decent speed if it wasn't for the clutch! You have to keep in mind that between the cast iron vg and the Z box there is likely a saving of around 200kg or more. When you add to that the removal of the hicas, A/C, AIV's etc more pounds have been shed. I mean JDM S15s were supposed to come out with ~180kw (@flywheel) so with a bit more boost and the intercooler and exhaust mods done to this one, it should be making comparable power to a VG30DETT.

Shame I never really got to find out.

As for brakes it will largely depend on the fate of the rest of the chassis. I am very much trying to sell it as a complete shell or work with a mate that has a spare stock motor/box to sell it as a running stocker.

Current Cars:

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Greddy Type-s gear arrived today XD

Pics later

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Hmmmmm... I promised pics, but then something got in my way, so I'll give you a pic if that instead!

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast