Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: CA86 notch drift build (SYDWAYS V2)

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

ok so had this running a while ago now, the bonnet somehow shuts and clears the motor even though i cant understand how by looking at it... anyway got it tuned on friday and went to drift prac, due to only having a t-sereis in the back i asked the tuner to run spring pressure off the wastegate and she managed 220hp atw on 7psi! once i fit a suitable F or G series diff ill wind the boost up but for now itll do.

Had awesome fun at drift prac, the increase in torque was more than i expected and even with only 220hp she was baking 4th gear hard! felt really good after all the work and long hours staying back late at the workshop.

Although she has now developed another problem. when i did the motor swap, i also fitted the SR vac line from the motor to the brake booster, including the check valve that came with it. what has been happening now is that its locking up the brakes when it sits and idles for about 10-15mins. as in i can jack the car up and itll take a fair bit of effort and both hands to spin the front wheels... so i thought that was it for the night so went and sat down to watch the other guys do their thing. came back 30 mins later and went to demonstrate the problem to a mate and it had now freed itself up! spinning as normal! so went back out drifting only to have them do the same thing (expectedly) once i got back in the pits and let the car idle to cool down. i literally had to spin the back wheels to get it on the trailer.

so the next day i checked that the check valve was the right way around and it is, checked all the hard lines, all good. had the master rebuilt not long ago and bled the brakes so wont be that, checked the slides on the calipers, all good... do u think it could be a bad check valve? it never used to run one before and never had a problem...

Name
    Brad
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Awesome mate...Great to hear its all up and running! Glad that the bonnet shuts too!

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

well i have managed to secure an F series diff from over east. organised freight and should see it soon. in the meantime i gave into buying a set of rims i had been eyeing off for a while, not to everyone taste but i really like them

also a mate of mine hired out barbagallo for 2hrs last thursday so i tagged along and it resulted in this

progressed a fair bit but cant wait to be able to boost her up properly

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

FUCK YEA, my dream rims, yummmm

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

a quick lap from last week. still not perfect but getting there. for those who know barbs, this was my first attempt at cat corner and the esses. damn that wall is scary lol

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Used to be that you started from day one on the full track... I love Cat, its a great corner, I agree through that the esses are scary! That wall is right there and it doesn't move when you hit it. I'd say most of the cars I have seen crashed drifting at barbs fell victim to the esses... In the last car at barbs I only had an NA 4age then stock GZE, so I didn't really have the required power for them and I wasn't that sad about it.

You have to be really trying to mess up your car on Cat though, pretty much hit the sand with all your sideways on at full pace.... I have seen that done too, twice... by the same guy ie he rolled it, went home and fixed the roof, next fortnight out again and did exactly the same thing

Watching your videos is making me epicly jealous... My car is sitting under a bunch of protective sheeting atm We have a visit from each of the parentals over the next month or so and I have been instructed to repaint a bunch of furniture So no progress while the garage is being used for sanding and painting

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

PS really good link from second esse to C-Red! Now you've just gotta nail down the link from C-Red to the hairpin

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

haha yeah cheers man! yeah even with 220hp it isnt enough to do all the esses unless i commit properly but like u said, that wall is intimidating and because its slightly downhill out of the esses, it kinda pulls you towards it lol!
    i aggree that most crashes happen there, even if your being careful. gotta take it slow and build my confidence i suppose. maybe a 2871r with external gate and about 300hp will help
    C-red to hairpin i manage to link sometimes but i dont always get the line right out of c-red. gotta go wide and flick it hard to ass drag it into the hairpin lol.
    Im pretty sure the guy your talking about rolling his car into cat is ken leong, blue trueno with gold te37s? best sounding 4age ive heard and the angle he gets sometimes are just amazing. but yeah when it doesnt work out, he ends up on the roof lol

bit of an update, got an F series diff ready to bolt up once ive replaced the bearings and welded the centre. once thats in ill be fitting a hydro handbrake ive got sitting around and rebuild the brake master while im at it. Then retune with more boost. also picking up a manifold, 2871r and gate next wkend. wont be fitting that just yet, just gonna get it all ready to bolt up for when im hungry for more power, which im guessing wont take too long lol

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Haha, Narh not Ken!

Does he still take Saphira out? (Blue trueno) I heard Ken has switched to Nissans these days anyway

This was probably around 4-5 years ago, the guy was driving an S13, I have forgotten his name though.

Don't take the car off the track yet! Cars that don't work aren't any fun! Believe me! Keep driving it until you blow the diff up

Current Cars:

Name
    Brenton
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Richard, you doing round one at barbs?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast