Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: CA86 notch drift build (SYDWAYS V2)

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

doubt it man, gotta put my diff in and my new turbo setup, tune etc... just been real busy lately, havent had a chance to do much to her. you going? cant wait to see your car in action with the new setup

Name
    Brenton
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Yeah ill be there after mass amounts of fucking around, if your there drop by and have a chat

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I demand an update

Will you be out in this for BDA 3?

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

haha there has been alot happening lately. blown motor, new fresh one, new rad support made from scratch... just bought a house so havent had much time to sit down and update this. aiming to make it for bda, just of a question of whether itll have a full tune or still running in.
    U entering?

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Planning on it at this stage, I really need an adjustable FPR and retune before then though, would also like to swap out to an in-tank lift pump...

Still sounds a lot less serious than you, what happened to the motor?

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Not exactly sure what happened to the motor, got it really hot after a few laps and she ended up losing power completely to the point where i had to limp back to the pits. once there it was rattling its head off and just died in the pits. never wanted to even turn over since then, even with a breaker bar on the crank... assumed i fucked the bottom end but upon inspection couldnt find anything wrong with it other than a broken timing chain guide (the plastic bit). found plenty of plastic bits in the sump but everything else was sweet.
    So bit the bullet and got PZP to build me a fresh motor with new rings, bearings, seals etc...
    thats how she sits now with the new motor and currently modding the front end for a more serious cooling system so that she never gets hot again. just want it to be reliable

I heard VL turbo in tank pumps work good and fit our cars. If you want one let me know as i get them at trade price, $49 something. i will be using one too

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10344036_10152466276554772_1767860621_o.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	31858

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Thats a fair amount of radiator you got there...

have you got a low temp thermostat?

Planning on a VL low pressure pump for a lift pump, I was hoping to just grab one locally tomorrow morning so that I can fit it all up over the weekend, if it costs me an extra 15-20 so that I can have it sorted by next week I might just have to wear it.

I assume you are class C or B with WA Drift? Appraently they aren't letting many/barely any un-training course passed drivers into BDA so that they can run their battle school thing in the infield longer...

Kinda sucks, because when I left WA I was drifting the full course and entering state round comps but I might need to get out for a Friday night practice if I want to go to BDA

Also, what size rear tires are you running and how long do they last you? I need to figure out how many spares to get ready for BDA

Current Cars:

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

yeah its an s13 rad, quite big but cant afford it getting hot again, especially in summer!

Im officially C class but drifted the whole track at private hire days, the back section is harder than cat corner and the esses imo, just need more balls to do them lol.
    Theyre not using the whole A B C class thing anymore these days tho, pretty much free for all just go at your own pace and dont get in the way kinda deal. lots more track time like that and everyone has a go.

As for not letting untrained guys on track, I wouldnt worry too much about it. i never passed training lol, did it once then next event just said i was C class haha! but definately have a go at practice to find your bearings again, might even pass training first go. Theres one on the 23rd

I use 195/50's on the back. blacklions are my fav tyre atm, great value tyre and i used to get about 6-8 laps out of them depending whether i did the whole track or "C class" track. If you need tyres let me know as well, i get them a bit cheaper than retail through a mate. even got a brand new pair on rims u could use on friday if u wanna try them out.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

6-8 laps eeeeek...

Used to get pretty much a whole day out of a set of rears with the GZE... suppose I knew this was coming though

Current Cars:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast