Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: CA86 notch drift build (SYDWAYS V2)

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Ok I think im well overdue for an update on this. like i said above, i broke the motor somehow in january. organised to get a fresh one built and proceeded to making a new front end to promote cooling.

Fresh bottom end and reusing my head as i had been reconditioned not that long ago. but then this happened lol

so that put a stop to progress but really stoked to now be home owners, now the missus reckons we need to save up for a wedding

anyway after a few weeks my dad was pushing me to get the car back together so he came and helped with the heavy lifting. I had already cut out the whole front end to make it easier to put the motor in and to start planning the cooling system.

Before the motor went in, i bolted up a 2871r and external gate

this should help crack the 300hp!
    Once the motor in, i got busy making the new front end. really needed maximum airflow and cooling capacity so got myself an S13 radiator and aftermarket fans and shroud.

Mate Dan working his magic with the welder!

Bolted a bar accross the 2 right angles and it looked roughly like this

And this is the final result.

Booked in for a run in tune this week. Hopefully all goes well and i can finally go skid again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10268249_10152411747754772_217432905_n.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	32441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10320080_10152441022219772_2028723017_o.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	341.6 KB 
ID:	32442  

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Looks the goods mate, that front end really looks like a clean solution

I doubt I would get my cooler piping around an s13 radiator

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Finally got the car back from the tuner on friday. Pretty much rewired most powers and ignition feeds to the ecu and start signal as well as making the screamer for the wastegate. managed to resolve some issues we have been having with overfueling at idle so she runs alot nicer now and not stalling anymore which I am really happy about. Made 237hp on spring pressure and 0 timing in it and safe afrs.
    Had a permit for 48hrs so thought id take it for a bit of a drive yesterday arvo to fuel up and put some air in the tyres. Got pulled over twice by the boys in blue but no issues thx to the permit.
    Got plenty of thumbs up on the way but the highlight was to finally be able to drive it after about 6months of starring at it at home! Badly needs a wheel alignment tho...

Happy snap!

Also went to see Brad (previous owner from a while back) to grab a quaife steering rack. Was good catching up and reminiscing about the days he had it. And man his notch is so cool, pretty much my dream ae86, cant believe nobody snatched it up yet... probly a good thing so i can save up and buy it myself lol!

Thats all for now, gotta put 500kms on the motor somehow, probly more movement permits then get a proper power tune done and finally hit the track again!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Hey have you thought about collie at the end of September?

They are a 2 day matsuri run by D1WA on the long weekend's Sunday and Monday...

I have never been down to Collie, I need to fill out the paperwork and book a trailer ASAP

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Dunno bout collie yet. I wanna shakedown the car at barbs first in case something goes wrong. Rather something happen 30mins from home rather than commit to a 2day event 3hrs away... probly gonna organise a private day at barbs once its run in if you wanna join?
    Ive heard collie is awesome to drive tho, really suited to our cars im told, so would love to have a go sometime

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I do enjoy track time

Will need dates and times before I can commit though...

I have a few tweaks from things I noticed at BDA to address before I want to take the car out again, so as long as I have enough time to fiddle with a few things and save the funds I should be down.

Current Cars:

Name
    Richard
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

ok time for another update! as you know, I lost motivation with this thing a little while ago and put it up for sale. got given alot of grief about but was set on building a reliable rb powered s14 so to not miss anymore track time with car problems that come standard with anything sr20 powered... I know what your thinking, had a moment of weakness but im back now lol.
    this thing came up too cheap to pass on so snapped it up, got it tuned, parked it up for 2 months then sold it once i realised i was being an idiot and made a nice profit while i was at it...

Eventually finished running in the new motor and got it tuned. Made 312hp on 16psi! scariest thing i have ever driven in my life lol. As expected tho, the manifold/gate setup was causing issues with boost spiking at high revs so set the limiter to 6000rpm. Good enough for now till i hunt down a decent manifold
    got some panel work done on the rear guards too, and by panel work i mean cut them out and fit dmax 40mm overfenders

Got fronts to match but yet to fit them

Then took it out on friday night prac

the extra power felt amazing, so much torque and response! was really happy with it even i was running out of legs hitting limiter (6k rpm) in 4th out the first corner and through the esses but had such a blast and was reminded why i love this car so much...

Finally tracked down a 'sinco' steampipe manifold for a good price, considered by most to be as good as, if not better than 6boost. bought a brand new 45mm turbosmart gate to suit and put that all on last wkend.

tuner is back from hollidays on monday so gonna book it in for the final tune and hopefully get all my rev range back again. not chasing anymore power as it is pretty wild as is but going by the graph from the last tune, its going to make around 340hp at a guess which worries me a bit because its going to start breaking boxes or other things...
    anyway, after a little detour to the dark side and almost selling up, im back on track and happier than ever
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10631423_10152707082659772_305001152_o_zps84346e4e.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	34425  

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7