Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Exclamation Regretful sale: '83 AE86 Sydney

It's time to let the 86 go to make room for a BRZ coming in May. I've had this car since 2001, and it owes me more than I can possibly hope to get for it, but I can't keep both. Lots of NOS JDM bits, had ALL the rust cut out and new metal welded in a few years ago when I got it resprayed, at great cost, as the plan was to keep it more or less forever.

RWD bigport - pretty sure it's JDM - hasn't been worked that I know of (extractors, but no idea where from), but it's in great tune, runs well and starts every time. Regular oil changes and all that stuff. Doesn't blow any smoke/burn any oil.
    Starter motor and alternator are less than 2 years old.
    JDM T-50 with TRD short shifter - box was refreshed less than 6 months ago. Feels and shifts great.
    JDM disc rear end with Kaaz 2-way LSD and modified lower trailing arm mount points.
    Stock C&P ratio (4.3 I think) not at all whiny. Handbrake works well.
    WORK Equip 03s in 15x8 +7 rear and 15x7 -3 front bought new in '09. Tiny curb dings on 3 wheels. ContiPremiumContact 2s - 175/55 front and 195/50 rear.
    All external lights are JDM and were NOS. They've been on the car for 4 years except the headlights, which are newer.
    Both bumpers are NOS from Japan, courtesy of AJPS.
    Driver's door hinges are NOS also, and have been on the car for about 2 months.
    AJPS springs and shocks all around.
    Cusco camber tops.
    T3 tri-bar strut brace.
    AJPS adjustable panhard.

No air conditioning but I have all the bits (radiator and compressor, etc.) if you want to put it back in. It did work at one point but I removed it one year rather than getting it re-gassed. I like hot weather.

Order today and as a special bonus you'll receive a black top 4AGE that's maybe 80% ready to go in. Head is rebuilt, was deciding on which pistons and just about to do the block when I put a deposit on the BRZ. There's a loom, dizzy relocation kit, water conversion kit, MicroTech LTX-8, and some extra bits also. At this point I'm only selling this with the car.

I've put it up for $12,000 on CarSales, which will be pretty firm, but I'll consider some haggling with someone from here. This is a solid, fun car with no rust that's been well looked after for the past 12 years or so. I'm also not too fussed if it doesn't sell quickly, cause I love driving it.

Car is in Wahroonga, NSW. PM here or call me on 0404 889 173 to come have a look.

Last edited by Beck; 4th February 2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Photo
    Because race car.