Country
    Australia

copied from brothers blog, more pictures at

"Tonights result ..
    Buddy Club Race Spec Coilovers installed
    Ride height adjusted
    DIY Lip installed
    … still needs better wheels (LOL)
    After a busy ass day of serving customers, and fitting tyres on rims (in a 35 degree oven-workshop),I’m properly buggered. Its past midnight and I’m still up tapping away on the keyboard. GAH!
    This afternoon my brother and some mates dropped by to get his new Buddyclub Racing Spec Coilovers installed .
    Since taking ownership of the S14, his complained that the suspension was a real let downer, “it just doesn’t feel like its working, like the shocks are dead and the its riding on the springs, even when I set them to soft”. So looking at the option we had available at work I suggested we try a set of Buddyclubs, since the guys at work have had good success with them in the past and doing some of our own research; others who have used them, have but nothing good to say about them, he pulled the trigger and got a set.
    Being a track minded person he opted for a set of Buddyclub Racing Spec Coilovers.
    And the results= Mind Blown,
    “The difference is night and day, the suspension actually feels like its working, I can feel the tyres grip. Its funny cause it feels like a good set of shocks and springs (lol), the ride is firm but comfortable and when its travelling on uneven roads, I can feel the suspension travel in a good way, whereas the old coilovers I felt like I was smashing, bouncing and skipping across the road, its pretty sick man”.
    While following him from behind I did notice that the car’s body was more complaint, instead of constantly bouncing up and down or sharp up and down jolts, the springs were absorbing the different loads from the road, while the dampers slowed everything down and kept the body at a steady, level state.
    The next test for the Buddyclub coilovers will be at a race track, to see if it lives up to its “Racing Spec” name. Richard has already booked himself in for a track day on the 26th of March at Wakefield. So I’m super interested to see what he thinks of them out on the track. Stay tuned ."
    dose

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

end of March '13 Track day prep progress

should be receiving the below in near future

OEM kouki spoiler
    Gktech Rocker arm stoppers
    Goodridge braided brake lines
    Evo front Brembo calipers already got
    caliper adopter plate for said brembo

next pay will be new disc rotors, pads, and shop for my own set of wheels and tyres if i can afford it.
    dose

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

dat wing..

dose

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I need to get me one

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

So i got some R33 GTR wheels now, 17x9 +30 with Feds RSR 255/45 or 40 i think all round. not the best condition but it'll do for now.
    had to use 15mm bolt on spacers for the tyres to clear the front coilovers, should be able to get away with 235 tyres and a 5mm spacer at most later on.
    rears are perfect.

issue 1.
    had a shake down test over the weekend and my god the Buddyclubs racing spec coilovers are so good around bumpy uneven surface.
    The brakes on the other hand are a big fail, rear pads are basically gone and front rotors are most likely warped now, has vibration only when braking at high speed (100kmph) which only happened after the shake down. still waiting for my brake items to come so i can run them Lancer brakes.

issue 2.
    had fuel surge or fuel cut when going on/off throttle.. figured it must be the boost controller/AFM/stock ECU that isnt happy with the 10psi, disabled the Bc and ran stock 5-6psi and that fixed the problem so wont be boosting this car anymore until i can get it all together with a tune.

issue 3.
    car can only be driven for about 7minutes before it has heating issues. Need a bigger radiator and oil cooler to fix this

issue 4.
    needs a wheel alignment lol
    dose

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

New PB
    dose

Name
    Nic
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Love that wing, I know it's a track car but I think some Navan sides would look great

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

thanks, yeah Navan skirts are to come in the future
    dose

Name
    Nick
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

lookin good, hoping to get out to wakefield soon for a shakedown...i thought 33 wheels were 17x7/8 +30
    I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.
    Muhammad Ali

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

GTR33 are 17x9 +30 all round Nick

ive got 15mm bolt on spacers at the front because 255 tyres touch the coilovers lol, makes it sit flush up front with my camber setting so its a win win
    dose

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast