Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Running in the 90s, zenki love

Name
    Daniel
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I met the dude one day. Had no idea, car is pretty haggard now unfortunately. Tofu stickers and shit on it, was pretty happy he applied them himself.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

yup, i was gutted when i saw it with my own eyes, he has no idea what the value of the car is and went ahead to stuff it up to be all JDMinternetfamous. Kids will be kids
    dose

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Current mod list and new PB time! 20/06/2013

Nissan S14
    Stock ECU
    T28bb turbo
    11 psi
    ebay ASI alloy rad
    FMIC
    cat back Fujitsubo RM-01A
    Buddyclub racing spec coilovers
    hard race adj castor rods
    unknown adj rear camber arm
    Soft compound 255/40/17 Hankook z221 all round
    full complete interior
    Front Evo brembo brakes with RDA slotted/dimpled rotors - still same stock pads as last time
    4.11 VLSD OEM R33 GTST skyline diff
    got a Wheel alignment done at the front this time round
    rears is basically still stock

I spent the early mornings helping and driving other peoples car just for the experience and fun times.
    I found that my driving style and lines are very well suited to the RWD format more then the FWD. In this case it was a stock DC5R with coilovers with Federals RS-R and it just would not turn. Again i know its FWD and i should be driving in a different way but no, i didnt enjoy it and just felt boring to me, i did get the rear end out sideways about 120kmph a few times and that was about as much fun as i got from it, very lucky to have not spun out to be honest LOL.

Then the owner of the DC5R drove my car and in his words "this is so easy to turn, so nice and fun, and scary", in his defence it the first time his ever driven a RWD on any track, and it just had to be a turbo car lol

Passengered in a few cars, one car was a friends fast 1:06 capable 180sx, though it was only doing 1:07 on this day because of slight issues, but god damh its fast.

i was still testing and trying to use up all my fuel in the tank to lose weight before i start chasing lap times, which means i was on street tyres all morning just testing and having fun i guess. quickest was a 1:15 on street tyres and mucking about

after lunch time, it was game time, serious poker face on.
    i still had half a tank of fuel but time was coming short and i needed to put down a fast time.
    Hankook Semis were installed. fresh and brand new like straight from the factory itself.

Rolled out of the pitlane onto the track and yup, straight away i came off at the first corner into the dirt! LOL i was only going about 60kmph and just straight under steered, it was like i was driving on ice! so much for looking after my tyres!

it took about 2-3 slow laps to get some heat into them at 30% pace, then gradually going about 50% pace to work the tyres better, then about 70-80% to really put heat into them. Frequent tyre pressure checks where made before any fast driving could be done. Also some spins and off track action in the process LOL.

When the temps in the tyres went up, and the pressure was set alright, i got down to business.

First fast lap and i already banked 1:11, so i already matched my current PB time
    Second fast lap and 1:10, felt pretty easy
    Thrid time lucky and i got 1:09.49!

Now with that i still had just under half a tank of fuel, still trying to get use to driving on semis and finding its limits.

Now i know why its so frustating when there is traffic on the track because i would catch up to the car in front a lost faster then previous time which then just kills the lap time when im going for it.

I let the car and tyres cool down a bit before my last try to dip into the 1:08

Last session for me of the day and best i got was

I was happy with the time and thought it wasn't worth pushing the car and tyres further, i know a 1:08 is easy now with a few adjustments to the setup as it is but that can wait for a while. Time to catch up with my personal life first.
    dose

Name
    Daniel
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yeah it is a shame, oh well it's inevitable in the end. I like what your doing with this though! 90's style is to die for.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

So i installed R33 GTST rear brakes a few weeks back

But then this happened over the weekend

so got everything done, fronts, rears, full alignment by the shops to my specs

( roughly )
    Front
    Caster; +8 deg
    Camber; -2.1?
    Toe; total 2 toe out

Rears
    Camber; - 2
    Toe; total 2 toe in

In general it turns in well as expected, under heavy brakes or acceleration the rear end is super stable and doesn't want to step out and dance, so that means i can hold a better line + give it more throttle before the apex hopefully (ae86 style, full throttle around the whole corner FTW)

I'll just dial in more camber when at the tracks but other then that everything else feels spot on for a daily car lol.

Need to hit a drift event to see how well balance the car is in a different perspective.
    dose

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

wow i've just read my last few post and how wrong was i

nearly 12 months has past since my last post and 1:08 is NOT as easy as i thought.

Car has not changed much at all, but during that missing period of updates it found itself a cusco 1.5 LSD. i think thats the only major update besides usual maintenance.

The car now has a nistune and now makes a little more power then stock thanks to a DIY road tune. its still has never seen a dyno so i still have no idea what power it makes so no point saying anything else about power.

As for the car itself, its still doing consistent 1:09 laptimes on the same semi slicks, the car should see a 1:08 with brand new semi slicks but that wont happen for a while.

this was from my latest track test day, as i've entered into NSW time attack in late June, my ambitions are getting bigger, but the car itself is still a joke LOL - pretty much the slowest car on the entry list.

anyways, enjoy

dose

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

fast update

NSW time attack results - 1:08.9990 on street tyres LOL

JUST into the 1:08 but sadly i didn't have a video of that lap.

i really wanted a mid 8 second as its still too close to 9 second but im still happy i got an official time down on natsoft this year.

this is a 1:09 flat lap over that weekend. messy as hell as tyres were dirty/wear and tear by this time.

dose

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4