Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Name
    Jack
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default Jacks rebuilt drift e7

so were to start. i got this ke70 for straight swaps for my fully sick minitruck.... (it was not full sick)

that is the 1st day i got the car

so is this one

fit a ae86 notchback boot lip, don't worry the mounts were all stuffed so didnt wreck it.

how the motor looked when i got it, talk about proplems on how it was put together. the manifold had 3 of the 9 bolts holding it on.

so once i had realised how much was done wrong in the car i made my mind up i was goin to strip the whole car and fix it all.

started with a new bigport head that came with the car

then it was time to try get it running, spend about 6 weeks tracing wires back and going over stuff fixed up a couple little things and the timing was 180 out then it fired up but the day before the timing was out enough to make some good flames got a photo

then it was onto the brakes, as i wanted to run 86 p/s knuckles for lock i had to ditch the xt130 struts, Peugeot 300mm discs and 75 series landcruiser calipers and went to adm ae86 struts hubs and calipers with rta vented slotted dimpled disks. shortened the strut by 60mm for the kyb agx inserts i used mr2 ones (will get code later) and then welded on sleeves ( you can use adm calipers with qfm pads 3mm less a pad so u can run the jdm disks)

then it was time to start hiding the loom as it looked like a brothel that took maybe a good days work and some other parts i had picked up from craig at just jdm imports. ended up lookin like this

then the oil cooler and new clutch line came earls fittings are not cheap!

then came the hoshinos which later got swaped for some volk mesh and t18 bars

when i 1st got the car i striped the whole inside (wish i didnt now) and chucked it in the bin. then got some fake brides (now for sale for something i fit into in 6.4")so now makin a roof lining with book contact (love lighting mcqueen) lol

heres a photo of my lock and star indorcators i got from yahoo JP through jesse streeter.

then a mate was sellin his smallport with hks cam gears toda flywheel with trd 3 puck clutch toda r 272 with 7.9mm lift ex and 288 with 8.5 lift in at the right price so now the bigport is all unbolted and ready to come out and smallport t3 manifold bought for the itbs will be building a 7a block for this head soon/ once im bored of the 4a also have a trd 2 lsd on the boat from japan through jesse streeter with a 4.3 but i have a 4.6 cw/p at already so will be taking my diff to top cog at the sunny coast to get it full rebuild and the 4.6 put on.

then a mate offered to straight swap wheels with me for my 14x7+7 hoshinos for his 14x8.5-17 and 14x8-10 volk mesh
    heres a photo of the guards pumped and it still couldnt roll.

so then i got out my good friend mr grinder. have left it so i can weld on front guards later but for now as i had them old school bolt on ke70 flairs till they break.

and now how the car sits as of tonight.

engine - JDM small port full RWD set up w/toda 288/272, old school hks cam gears metal head gasket, maybe some other mystery internal mods. ports look stock. billet flywheel and 3 puck. bought as a package from a mate (SLYDAR) that got it from Craig at Just JDM Imports. hopefully be in by the end off the weekend got to be in before the 22/3 getin a shoulder reconstruction then and can use my right arm for like 3 months

management - Haltech e8

exhaust - full bolt on RSR with cat, single rear muffler with silencer installed (60mm) 4-1 mild steel jap header.

footwork - I built coil overs learnt by watch my friend Dimitri (SLYDAR) build his own brand of Custom Compact coilovers otomoto kit with 8k springs and kyb agx mr2 dampener. PS knuckles, AJPS 40mm rca, AJPS extra lock rack ends, what i suspect is tein camber tops, cusco tower brace. a few newish 2nd hand poly bushes. rear has ghetto cutties and suzuki shocks. soon to be mcn rear coilovers, ra65 celica front swaybar rear i think is just stock and a whiteline panhard rod

diff - t18 s1 with swaybar mounts welded on with 3.7 welded atm but have 4.6 cw/p already in my room and have a trd 2way lsd on the boat from japan will be getin 4.6 in it and set up by duncan at TOP COG

interior -striped with no seat atm tryin to sell copy fixed back bride glitter backs 750ono with a lighting mcqueen roof lining and 15" glitter red mooneyes wheel

aero - volvo cut down 240 front lip will post photos soon of it on the car and rear bolt on flairs

wheels - widened 14x8-10 volk mesh on the front, widened 14x8.5-17 volk mesh on the rear. hero hz-1 tires 185 55 14.

brakes - JDM rda vented slotted dimpled discs with ADM calipers using QFM A1RM pads (-6mm friction material) also had to grind the top corners out of the caliper brackets (like 2mm) still safe. rear stock drums.
    Last edited by jackthecat; 9th March 2013 at 07:39 PM.

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Looking rad dude! Keen to see this progress!

Name
    Jack
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

sadly wont be much goin on with working on the car as just found out to day i need a shoulder reconstruction which is happing in 2 weeks, but will be buyin lots of the parts to finish it so once im beter i can drive it. all there is really is rear coilovers mcn ones, tune once smallport is in with quads and cams and new velo podium II XL seats x2 and mod plates

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Sorry to hear mate, hope it all goes well and your recovery is a fast one! Look forward to seeing you post up all the goodies your going to get for it.

Name
    Jack
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

so today i pulled the motor out and striped down the smallport gettin it ready to go in. found some really dodge shit here lol have a look at the photos.

motor about to come out.

motor out

then takin the gearbox off found a big part of the block missing.

then once the clutch was off it was all munched out. like this

so i looked into where the spigot bearing should be apparently they're optional and too top it off its a 6 bolt flywheel which means the block is 4ac, bill sherwood will tell u its a rare early modal 4age block but its not, its from bogan people using 4ac blocks to replace blowen 4ag blocks and some how i have managed to end up with 2 of these motors over my time i have been workin on e7's on the plus i now have 2 good flywheels for 7ages

and this is how the smallport is lookin just got to give it a clean and drop it in.

Name
    ryan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

This is awesome man! Digging the quad light and the meshies.

Name
    Jack
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

so today i got the motor and box back in now just waiting on the t3 smallport itb manifold then will hook everything back up.
    \
    goin back in

back in with new extrators test fit. my 60mm rsr bolt on exhausts gets droped of this weekend, (i hope) so can get all that in before my surgery as i cant get under it for 6 to 8 weeks as i will be in a sling

Name
    Jack
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

so today i swapped my tacho dash for a clock one and 50 my way so i could fit in my autometer sport comp tacho.

then i set out on geting it ready for the 2 seat mod plate.

halfway through makin a plate for the gearstick just waitin on the 60mm holesaw for my gauges will use it to make the gearstick hole too.

how the gauge plate looks havnt drilled it yet, so might change it up.

then starting workin out how im goin to run the fuel lines a little bit, will be using all earls lines and fittings.

Name
    Jack
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

so today i changed my rack bushes, put on my rear t18 bar and then next 60mm rsr exhaust

old rack bushes

have gained more lock from the 14x8-10 from the 14x7+7 as they dont hit on the rails anymore and have a much tighter steering feel (no play at all)

then changed the exhaust

then changed the bar

Name
    ryan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

looking good dude, is the steering arm hitting the LCA in that lock photo?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast