Thread: to be 7AGE TWIN CARB KE70

Name
    Jason
    State
    Nsw
    Country
    Australia

Default 7AGC *E7* (eventually)

Currently running standard 4KC with K50 box, quad headlight front, lowered on blown shocks, blown muffler, OG AXIS 15x8 +25 wheels
    Also within the first two weeks went and bought a mates freshly rebuilt 7AFE block with ACL forged pistons and rods, ARP rod bolts, knife edged crank etc etc

Goals for car:
    AU falcon pedders sportsryder springs - Purchased
    Cusco caster rod brace - Purchased
    AE86 Front suspension, knuckles, brakes, calipers - Purchased
    Ultra racing inner guard bracing -
    Ultra racing caster mount brace (not the same as caster rod brace) -
    Ultra racing front strut tower brace -
    T3 diff -
    Technotoy 4 link rear end -
    (WILL UPDATE)

The motor will be built on a bigport head which will be getting a heap of work done to it, with large cams to give good power up to my aim of 9,000rpm. Still havent decided on cam sizing, wanted 314/308 kelfords but mate reckons its way too big. When the head is built I'll decide best choice then.
    Last edited by furstydrft; 18th March 2013 at 12:19 AM.

Name
    aaron
    State
    south australia
    Country
    australia

looks like a clean car to start a project with and plans look nice! how did you fit the 15 x 8 +25 on the front?

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Ultra racing stuff looks like garbage

Name
    Jason
    State
    Nsw
    Country
    Australia

the fronts have a 20mm spacer on them in order to clear the inner guards, that will be removed tomorrow or tuesday as my new wheels will be ready to go on

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

imo, the e7's need all the bracing they can get! and ultra racing has them

Anyways, which pistons are you using?
    30kw club

Name
    Jason
    State
    Nsw
    Country
    Australia

Been doing some more research and writing up a list of parts. Will be buying a bigport head from a machinist in SA who has done the following "Fitted with over size valves 1mm on the inlet and 1.5mm on the exhaust. The head has been extensivley ported and polished, with extensive CNC work, conbustion chamber / valve seat and bowl work.
    The combustion chambers have been cc'd ,polished and valves deshrouded.

All cam bucket hole have been polished to aid in smooth friction less opperation along with the cam journal clearance checked.
    The head has std valve spring but they have been shimmed 1mm . This WILL NOT effect valve spring bind as the installed valve height was changed when on the CNC to allow for this modification. 8.5mm of lift is still safely attainable on this head with 1mm further lift untill full bind is reached."

I will be changing over to 43lb valve springs in order to accomodate Tomei 304° cams with an 11.00mm lift. Also will be doing a shim under bucket conversion.
    Been calling around and deadset upon Keihin FCR flat slide 41mm carbs which I will be getting straight after I've recieved my head through a mate who works at a motorbike workshop. The engine will be running a 4k dizzy with a possibility in the future going to a coil pack setup
    Bought SSR formula mesh wheels 14x7 and 6.5 which were sent to my fathers shop to get the barrels acid bathed and should have them back tomorrow ready to do final cleaning and polish for mega meet on friday night.

Name
    Jason
    State
    Nsw
    Country
    Australia

havent really completely decided on them, they were just the first I found catering for heaps of bits.
    The pistons are ACL 11.1 forged pistons on what I thought were also ACL forged rods, but am not too sure now. They are forged but unknown as of yet what brand

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Have you worked out what the final compression will be with those pistons? As it will most certainly be higher than the advised 11.0:1 if in a 7age...I'd also say those cams are most likely too large for that kind of setup...

Name
    Jason
    State
    Nsw
    Country
    Australia

I was having a chat with seamus up in qld he reckons big cams for a 4A are just your average cam for a 7a build I cant remember exactly what cams he was running something like 288 and he was running out of power at 7500rpm. since I'm building an engine purely to fry tyres I thought going for the larger size cam would be of benefit as it will be revving somewhere in the 8-10k rpm range. I think with the ones I've picked in a 4a they dont make power until 6k but have a great power range all the way to 11k or something ridiculous. I may still look around for a better cam I still havent decided completely on them

As for compression I havent worked it out, the engine was previously a mates who built the motor, ran it for 5,000km's and decided on 1UZ I bought it from there.
    Last edited by furstydrft; 18th March 2013 at 10:20 AM.

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

So the cams you're looking at getting don't make power until 6000rpm and you're going to have it limited at 9000rpm?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast