Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Do it all again..... AE71 Highroof Panelvan - 4AGTE - Moonlight Garage

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

The engine as it sits...... Plan to spend half a day on the car tomorrow/later today, so it should be well on the way to being done.....

And the front brakes and suspension - GReddy coilovers (8kg) with a custom HOPPER STOPPER brake kit (XR8 brakes - 290mm slotted rotors, massive PBR calipers) and R32 Skyline Non abs brake master cyl

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Picked up a diff today, not exactly what I had planned on, was a bit out of nowhere but it could work ok, especially for the price it was....

I picked a E series leaf diff ( Liteace diff). It has a locked centre and bigger drums....... Has been running in a 18RG KE30. I've measured up the leaf mounts, and they are the same spacing as the AE71 panelvan diff. The overall width of the diff is actually shorter, but I will be running neg offset wheels, so it shouldn't be a problem....
    For those that dont know about E series, they are a size between T series and F series. They are a 7.1" diff. (F series are 7.5"). The problem with these diffs, is that there was never an LSD availiable for them, but they were put behind 6cyl, so they should be strong enough,....

Name
    Taz
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

sweet so t series for sale?

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

UPDATE: Ok, So a month (and some) has been, and I have been stupidly busy..... Work on the panelvan was put on hold, as I was focused on getting my SR86 up to Drift Fest 02 at Raleigh an the start of June....

First up, the fuel system. I am not satisfied there is a good spot for undercar surge tanks on a wagon/panelvan platforms. From both this car and the wagon I had, I have tried many options of surge tank under the car, many differant tanks, and was not satisfied. In the wagon, I just had the pumps and surgetank inside the wagon, at the back drivers side corner. That all was fine in the wagon, but that wont be any good in the panelvan, as I plan to use the car to go fishing and camping with etc, and will have a mattress in the back.

My solution, was to have the fuel system all hidden away, completly out of sight. I have mounted it all in the cavity between the rear floorpan and the inner rear floor of the van.... Sub holes had ben cut by someone previous, which gave me access...
    The fuel system consists of: Bosch 910 main pump, Pierberg lift pump (feed to the lift pump actually comes from a modified drain plug on the bottom of the car's main tank. The lowest part of the tank ), 2 fuel filters, undercar style surge tank, brand new fuel lines....
    See pics -

Next up, I got some Celica cut n' shut LCA's, so why not use them in the van They are 20mm longer than standard AE86 ones. Brand new balljoints fitted.

Those lock stoppers have been removed now....

Next, I picked up the tailshaft yesterday........

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Here are a few pics of how the car is looking at the moment... Still a few bits and pieces to do, but it's getting there....

The lip is a Zenki AE86 item

Button side indicators are going where the bumper mount hole is.....

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Engine is pretty much right to go. Brand new intercooler is all mounted up and piping done. A new alloy radiator is fanned by a Davies Craig 12". I had to change the TPS plug and wiring because it got crushed in the wagon accident. I have got new pushlock oil cooler lines, speedflow fittings and a good EARLS oil cooler, as the last lot also didnt survive the accident. I still need to make a bracket for the accelerator cable, put in some heat shielding at the back of the turbo and fit up the oil catch can setup. The dump pipe/exhaust goes only as far as just before the diff. I just need to get the last piece welded up so I can fit the stainless blast pipes
    Car is dry, so It will be getting all new fluids all round......

So far, so good. It should be a good package when its driving. Much better than the wagon was. I guess the biggest differance will be the diff. The wagon still had the stock tiny little Borgwonka diff, and I never got the chance to see what a 186kw 4AGTE felt like that car. The panelvan should have all bases covered. I cant wait

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

The van was dropped down on its paws for the first time since I started it's build yesterday....

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

are you putting bars on it?

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Hell NO!

Will be black mesh at the front tho......

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

Looking swell.

I think one of the DX diesel front ends with no bars would look awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdm-Mcc View Post
    quit hatin get bakin!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast