Thread: Stolen ae86 front bar and keys

Name
    Alex
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Default Stolen ae86 front bar and keys

Any information on the where abouts of my ADM 86 front bar and Keys would be grately appreciated... Or even better, the return of my items would be much more useful, seeing as it is just another set back for me to get my car on the road, i don't have great deal of money to purchase another one let alone pay for my ignition and doors to be re-barrelled...

These items were taken from Invermay Rd, someone has jumped the fence where my car is stored and retrieved the front bar and removed the keys from my non-running car... Anyway I'm i little pissy about it, so if this message gets the filth that clearly wanted these items more than i did, would you kindly return them before somebody lets me know exactly who did it...

I really doubt this will achieve much, but its worth a try, i mean what other use is there for an 86 bar other than what it was intended for... So there is a slight chance this will work with peoples co-operation...

PM if you have any information please.

Cheers, Alex.

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Stuff and in such a small country...
    It's a strange snatch and grab... Why take the keys? They are. Useless to them.
    Good chance they will turn up, I wouldn't think to many 86's would be rockin tas.. And everyone would know everyone in some way..
    Had anyone strange in your yard? Guys buying stuff that you didn't previously know?

Name
    Alex
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Yeah taking the keys is a little strange... The only reasons as to why somebody would take them would be if they are planning on cutting the lock and winching it onto a trailer, coming back to grab some parts out of it (that are stored in the car) or waiting until its on the road (hoping i haven't changed the locks) and trying to take of with it then. But even then i don't really understand the logic in that... And yeah, there aren't many lads with them in launceston, so i'll go through the list of names and see what i can find...

Name
    Dave
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

my friends original ADM ae86 key used to be able to open my first 86, just a piece of mind it may fit others than just your own, still strange none the less

Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

every ae86 ive had (6 of them) has been able to be opened and started with my very first ae86 key. im pretty sure most of the locks on them arent tip top anyway and keys will be able to be used on most ae86's.

get insurance when its on the road. locks dont matter if they just get a tow truck and pull it on or break a window and hot wire it

Quote Originally Posted by ae86 View Post
    ive come to the conclusion dan has more STi's than a Subaru Dealership, yeah i went there

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

ebay replacement locks, they are new and so good even the keys supplied don't open!
    30kw club

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Didnt you read the note?... Made in china or was that Bangladesh ?