Thread: WTB - BRZ or 86 rear bar

Name
    Dale
    State
    Nsw
    Country
    Australia

Default WTB - BRZ or 86 rear bar

Hey guys, long shot I know but Im chasing a rear bar / bumper for my girlfriends BRZ. Its brand spankin new, subaru blue and its had a little nudge in the back and I can't bear to see her cry!! Haha but seriously she is devo as and it sucks balls .

So, anyone have a complete rear bar, preferably subi blue but any colour as long as its basically new condition. Also the little reversing light bit at the bottom got cracked so even if someone has one of them?

We've found a couple here and there but they are all off cars cause they've been damaged too , So if anyone knows of a new rear bar, please please please let me know - I will just about do anything to make my girl happy again with her new car...

ANYTHING...

Except pay OEM replacement bullshit price . Unless I have to

Name
    Marco
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Japaneseimportspares.com.au have brand new trd?
    Big up's for the North East Massiv'
    NSATB - New Skids Around The Block

Name
    Dale
    State
    Nsw
    Country
    Australia

cheers, i just checked them out - when you look at that rear bar and compare it to the stock rear bar of an 86 or a brz, it doesn't look like it fits on the same?! I don't understand how exactly it fits... either way unfortunately she doesn't like the look of it, we really need to find an OEM bar, just hoping I can pick one up somewhere without having to order new off a dealer

But to satisfy my curiosity, does the trd one just stick on over the top or does the stock bar need to be modified? Because when you look at a stock car the rear bar is all one piece from the line I've circled and the TRD bar seems like its a lot smaller?

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Might know of one really depends if the trd kit is a remove / refit rear bar or not. Blue in colour too.

Have you had it quoted by a smash repairer?
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Dale
    State
    Nsw
    Country
    Australia

Thanks heaps for the quick feedback guys! I have actually spoken to a smash repair guy I use today and it looks like he is going to be able to work something out for us sourcing a new bar from subaru, price is right, just depends on availability!!

Thanks heaps for jumping on this so quick but - I'll keep you posted how things progress!