Name
    Alex
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default Greeno's SA63 Celica Liftback

Hey there.

This is my second celica, the first being an RA60 about 5 years ago...before they were cool I bought that one just as a daily while i built my old VH commodore (plz don't hate me!). I ended up liking the celica so much i ditched the commodore for it and started modding it, but ended up destroying it soon after when i fell asleep at the wheel
    I always wanted another one and so recently i decided to ditch my daily jzz30 for this machine here.
    [when i first got it]

So its an 1984 SA63 Celica, 2sc engine, irs, and w55 box......a bit of rust but thats just weight reduction haha.

Name
    Brenton
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

whats planned for it would like to see more of these getting done i personally like the notch/coupe more but theyre still an interesting car in hatch aswell
    Last edited by Panda BVB700; 12th May 2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: frazed wrong
    adm ae86 now one hell of a project
    ae71 small project

Name
    Alex
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

So i was inbetween jobs when i picked it up about a month ago so i had little money to spend on it, but what i did have was time!
    First up i had to replace the fuel pump to get it running. Then washed it (as it had been sitting under a tree for a few years) Checked out all the brakes and suspension and bushes and what not...turned out to be in very good nick mechanically

First mod: lowering! I had a mate parting out a corona so i managed to grab some modified front coilovers (stock lower strut, s13 type upper section) as well as some sigma lower control arms. I also removed the front sway bar at the time as well.

Cleaned these up and where i have it adjusted to now the spring isn't loose at full droop....not the best but will do for now...They also have adjustable tops!

this is how it sat when i first installed them at the adjustment in the above pic haha

CAMBERRRR

After raising it up a bit

Name
    Alex
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

You may have also noticed i removed the rear window louvers and side moldings...
    For the rear, atm running cut springs but won't be like that for long... how it sits nows

I also reduced the amount of front camber...so this is at its most positive setting, still like -1.5 to -2 degrees (at a guess)

I also forgot to mention i needed longer tie-rod ends because of the longer lca's so used some jzz30 ones i had laying around.

Name
    Alex
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Next up was weight reduction. I weighed most of the things i removed with bathroom scales, just out of curiosity. I wrote it all down on a piece of paper but i lost it
    i remember tho, that i was up to 43 kilo's from removing A/C compressor, brackets, condenser etc, Air pump and bracket, spare wheel, jack and toyota tool kit.... i didn't weigh the sway bar or a few other things i turfed so at a guess i was up to 55 kg's

next up was sound deadening and carpet. I was only expecting a few kg's from the sound deadening... but it ended up being around 13kg's worth! So well worth my time and effort...

Next up i cleaned up the floor and painted it. I got halfway through before deciding to relocate the wiring that goes over the transmission tunnel as it was a bit of an eyesore

So heres how it looks now

Ands heres a random engine bay shot...all standard minus emissions stuff deleted..

So that's basically where I'm up to now.. I am starting a new job tomorrow so will be getting rego for it soon, then skids

Name
    Alex
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I never liked the notch back ones from the beginning, but after seeing a few modified ones on this site i have changed my mind, and now like both about equally....

Future plans mainly consist of spacers for the rear untill i find some suitable SSR mark 1's for the rear, and mark 2's or 3's for the front in 14 inch..... haven't decided on rear spring/shock combo yet (open for idea's) and bit further down track, a BEAMS 3sge or 4age or 4agze........oh and LSD of course

Name
    Brenton
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

would think an S motor swap would be abit more straight forward and prob more worth while?
    ae71 small project

Name
    Alex
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

If its a beams motor than yes, pretty easy.....not sure if a 4a bolts up to a w55 box or not but you can use a aa63 crossmember for it...but yeah would love a 3s

Name
    Jay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

cool man. will be nice with some better wheels

Name
    Brenton
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

you can get modified bell housing for 4a to w series but i dont think they are cheap 3s would be the go if its in your budget
    ae71 small project

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast