Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: University

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Its not true harmony until food and beverage packages are available at a moments notice
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Blake
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Feeling this thread.
    Year off school, but was mega poor and sad, left home, decided to do something and studied a bachelor of business and property for a year. Uni life was lame - especially in business. nobody liked skids in business. Economics and accounting isn't my thing so bailed.
    Was reaaallly close to a sparky apprenticeship but had a rethink and now working while studying Conveyancing, not enjoying it heaps, but I feel I'm getting to the stage I need to start making some cash so forcing myself to finish this one.

Name
    Jake
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Catchya uni. Government job come at me

Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

You should have just finished this session so you don't have to do the 6 months again if you change your mind

Name
    Jake
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

nah the course was changing anyway so whether I finished it or not, leaving for 6 months would have put me in a different course where this session meant nothing. 6 months is nothing in the grand scheme of university

Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

That's fair enough then

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

Left school at year 11.
    Did music for a year. Loved Uni life, but was also working in a cafe a lot. An did some part time Uni to save up cash and move to Adelaide (whoops).
    Was going to continue music, but didn't see where all the effort would get me (apart from swimming in Grace Emily poon). So took a techie job for a year or so. Found everyday like the last, went to France for 7-8 months. Moved to Melbourne for something different. Got sick of the small jobs in hospitality. Moved back to Darwin and started in a bank.
    Numbers and loans are enough to keep me entertained, and helps to get me back to Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdm-Mcc View Post
    quit hatin get bakin!

Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Man I wish I had that attitude and wasn't afraid to just step out of my comfort zone and just do something different and experience some cool shit.

Name
    Mirko
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Went to uni had 6months left of my degree but started a business and never looked back almost 7 years ago now

Name
    Jarrad
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

3rd year Industrial Design here, one more year to go and will graduate with honours.
    Work part time at supermarket on $21 an hour, 20ish hours a week. Funds the 86 hobby, and uni.
    Doing pretty well at uni, but failed a studio last semester because I wasn't feeling the project. Have to repeat it, but it's not so bad.

So uncertain about the future though. Not many jobs in design, unless I want to move overseas. Very competitive industry. Moving means leaving the family, friends, girlfriend, cat, car etc.
    So I'm just going to go along and see what happens. Try and intern where I can, get job experience.

It's just a very uncertain time in our lives I guess. Some friends are getting married/having kids. Others are still out partying every weekend. Been thinking about the future so much lately, haha. Just gets you down.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast