im a fan of those seats lol
    30kw club

Name
    Lawrence
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Meanwhile, I acquired a disc rear end T-series from a JDM AE86.

Then went on to rebuild the callipers:

Got the diff and rebuilt gearbox in during July 2011.

I learnt along the way that AE86 handbrake cables don't fit an AE71, had a nightmarish time getting cables done. Several return trips to the brake place, missing bolts from calipers, holes in my floor, finally got out of there with a semi-decent job and will never go back.

From there I drove the car for another year.

Then the unthinkable happened (September 2011):

I was just casually sitting at red lights with a space either side of me when a guy from Thailand on an international drivers licence slammed into the back of me. No insurance of course.

Luckily I was insured, and I didn't pay a cent to fix it (Shannons = Awesome).

As you can see, the damage wasn't bad, but it put a crease in the RH quarter panel and munched the rear bar.

Seeing as the rear was going to be repainted, it seemed stupid not to do the rest of the car. So I paid extra and had all the dents in the car fixed and the entire outside resprayed in the same factory red, but in 2 pack with extra gloss. I also had the tiny amount of rust that had just started cut out and repaired.

I stripped the car myself for the most part so that it'd be painted properly not just everything masked up:

A photo at the panel beaters, windscreen was also replaced and the rear screen popped out for the spray:

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

c-c-c-c-c-combo breakerrrrrrrr

but seriously this car is awesome. would love to see evidence of the engine build
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Lawrence
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

The car was all complete for December 2011.

I didn't actually take any photos when it was done.

2012 rolled in and a stark realisation hit me. My project car was finished! I had completed everything I had ever desired to do with the car. This concept of finishing had never been a thought to me before then.

To be honest it wasn't what I wanted to realise, I concluded from that there was only 1 more thing the car would do from then on. Deteriorate with age, a very pessimistic opinion I know, but it was true.

I just happened to be chatting with Alex about my realisation at the time, but nothing came of it at that point.

Fast forward a month, and Alex calls me asking, do I want to sell the car. At this point I was unsure but after much deliberation myself I decided it was time to move on.

I moved up to something faster, quieter and more comfortable. A JZX110 Mark II:

These are the final shots before I exchanged ownership with Alex:

Notice the lack of stickers or P plates which everyone is having a go at Alex for

No, a credit to Alex, he's basically kept it exactly as I always envisioned. So for that I'm very pleased.

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

whatever it sold for, it was worth it
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Lawrence
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Engine specs are still somewhat a mystery.

What we do know is as follows:
    It was built by RS-YASU in Japan
    Engine came with a modified ECU which rev limits at 8500, the engine makes power up to 7500.
    It has an RS-YASU forged crank in it.
    TVIS is deleted
    More than likely it is overbored running CA18 pistons (specialty of RS-YASU) which brings it out to about 1.7L
    Has factory cams in it.

If anybody is interested, I still have and am working on my other project AE71 which I owned for much of the time I had this car. Its a totally different build though, the body is rubbish but the driveline is far superior. In spite of the condition of the body, I'm just as meticulous with it. See my build thread:

If you like my work, I have a sponsor section (Just click the link in my sig) where I advertise different things. I've just started a new business called QuickTech. Through that I'll be offering various automotive electrical and mechanical services. Website will be up soon.

Name
    Jacob
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

This is absolutely gorgeous! Seats are so awesome.

Name
    Declan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

oh wow. ohhhhhh wow.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4