Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toyota 86 Forced Induction issues... Turbo Charging vs Supercharging My GT86

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Sounds fairly similar to the good Ol' SC12.... at least in the rev ranges that I stuck around to hear from that vid

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I had a talk to the guys at avo at WTAC on the weekend and interestingly they claim their kit makes more torque quicker and earlier than the existing supercharger kits.

I was impressed with the quality of the kits and whilst they don't fit the kits themselves, it is a good package on offer
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Joel
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

We do a lot with AVO and they have a great product at a reasonable price. I do my tuning with BRZ edit due to the cost of ECUtek, ECUtek is good but the costs involved have to be passed on somewhere and it can't really do anything that you can't with BRZ Edit, even the opensource stuff is well covered these days. A turbo suits the high compression engine better as there is no point cramming boost in at low rpm, sure E85 means you can do it but its not always available. With variable camshafts lag is non existent. PD Superchargers are more parasitic and tend to have high outlet air temps when turned hard therefore reducing top end power.

Joel
    Black Mamba Racing

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

here is a video comparing the TRD 86 vs a HKS supercharged 86

Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Joel
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Went to melbourne MotorEx and saw a number of 86's with turbo and blower configurations. My main issue was they are too visible. Here in Victoria the police will open the bonnet and slap a fat canary on. Off to the EPA or take It all off. That's one of the things about the AVO kit. Much less obvious.

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I would be keen to drive a boosted one

of course it will be faster and more fun to drive than a bog stock one...but

an NA one really pushes you as a driver to get the most out of the car - punishes mistakes and rewards smooth driving - if you run a good lap/stage/run in an NA 86 you know you earned it
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

TBH most people who turbo these cars wouldn't have an issue with engineering it either... Lets face it a 30k car with a another $6k for a turbo install , i'm sure they will find the extra to engineer it.

Name
    Joel
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

My wife is enjoying her car as it is at the moment, I want to turbo it so I can have it on hand for customers to test, just need a little more time and encouragement.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

MRT are offering a blower that runs 17 psi..

Site Supporter
    Name
    Tony
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

A friend of mine got the forged performance kit

Kit contents:
    Turbo: Garret GTX2867R, Tial stainless V-band exhaust housing, Blouch billet compressor wheel and compressor housing
    Turbo manifold: Forged Performance designed and fabricated equal length manifold, 304ss steam-pipe construction, Billet flanges, cnc cut merge collector
    Dump Pipe: Forged Performance stainless steel 3″ dump pipe (catted optional), this dump pipe meets up with OEM or aftermarket overpipes (2.5″). Full 3″ dump pipe is available as an option but requires modification to the supplied 3″ overpipe (v-band flange to be welded on)
    Intercooler: Forged Performance designed intercooler and built by the world famous Hypertune to exceed all requirements this kit can throw at it, Super light weight, perfect fitments and the highest efficiency intercooler construction on the market.
    Wastegate: 40mm Turbosmart CompGate. These are the highest quality wastegates on the market and are used in most high end drag cars, time attack cars and drift cars. (Wastegate can be plumbed into dump pipe as an option)
    Blow Off Valve: 38mm Dual Port Turbosmart, These blow off valves are the highest flowing blow off vaslves on the market and can be switched between fully atmospheric, fully recirculation and 50/50.
    Piping: All piping is made from 5 ply wire re-enforced silicone for perfect fitments, no heat sink, high amount of durability and flexibility.
    Electrics: Omni 4bar map sensor is included for tuning ease.
    Hoses and fittings: All hoses and fittings are speedflow items for only the best quality kit, these hoses and hose fittings are heat insulated where applicable and have been carefully selected for only the best fitments.
    Sump: Some people like to drill into the OEM sump and weld on a oil drain fitting to be able to accumulate the oil from the turbo, we did one step better, we have sourced the amazing sump from the Full Blown turbo kits and integrated them into our kit. This sump has a 50% higher capacity than oem and includes baffles to help prevent oil starvation, another thing this sump has is a fitting port in it for the turbo oil drain.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast