Thread: EFI Main Relay

Name
    Dim
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default EFI Main Relay

Current;y working on a JDM Bigport 4AGE conversion into ADM AE86 and while the car is sitting I'm finding the battery completely flat the next day.

Because I don't have the JDM fusebox I'm currently bypassing the EFI Main relay to get power to the ECU, however, every time I connect the battery I'm hearing a click, and sometimes a vacuum sound coming from the drivers side of the engine bay. This leads me to beleive that this relay or other component is coming on when it shouldn't be.

Could the bypassing of the EFI Main relay be related to the this clicking sound in the engine bay? Could anyone shed some light on what it may be?

Name
    james
    State
    oxford
    Country
    England

My guess would be that you are manually switching on the circuit opening relay, the vacuum noise is actually the sound of fuel being pumped into the fuel rail.
    As far as I can remember the ecu should be controlling the circuit opening relay.

Name
    Dim
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Unfortunately no, even with the fuel Circuit open relay unplugged I'm still getting the clicking from inside the engine bay. Just checked it then.

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

have you got the wiring diagram handy?

Name
    Dim
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Do you mean the 4AGE wiring diagram, or the wiring diagram in the car?

As far as the wiring goes in the car it's a JDM 4AGE Engine loom, JDM Zenki Trueno Coupe Dash loom and an ADM AE86 body loom if that helps?

The only part which is non standard is a like from the battery to this black wire with red dots (image attached), which to my understanding should take its connection from the EFI main relay.

Initial hypothesis was the cold start injector, however should that ever click on when the battery is connected? Also after running the engine for a few minutes and switching it off when I unplug the battery theres a definite vaccum/suction sound coming from the source.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0921_zpsd630643d.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	28831  

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Hook that up temporary and in a week or so i'll come hook it into the bottom of the fuse box for you. just unplug that connector I put on that wire when you leave the car anywhere in the interim. For anyone else reading, in the pic that is the high amp wire that goes to the fuel open circuit relay, which is suppose to get power off the EFI main relay.

It is a JDM dash loom, JDM engine harness loom too. It should connect into the bottom of the fuse box.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners