Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Beau Yates - Toyota 86 Monster Build

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

details?

he needs to do some actual racing in an 86, did he do some testing for rally?
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Mirko
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Qualified first and skipped to final 16 that's all I know

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Levi clarke knocked him out of the final 16... He also spun in front of him and levi made contact destroying the rear passenger side suspension.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, Levi didn't really knock him out as such...

Beau overcooked the transition into the last corner of the judged section which caused the car to spin, as he was the lead car he copped a hit in the rear 1/4 which well and truly knocked the car out of alignment. As such he wasn't able to get the car going again within 5 minutes and was forced to forfeit the second battle.

I had the chance to have a good conversation with Beau later this evening, it sounds like he has really been working his nut off to get this thing going and that, whilst certainly helping, the sponsors are hardly making this car for him. Apparently he has literally been sleeping on a mattress in the back of his hilux parked at the workshop. Sounds like his days have been getting up early to get to his job, working a 12 hour shift, driving back to the workshop where he continues on the car until 2 or 3 and then doing it all again...

Barbs really is a terrible track to be having a full speed shakedown of the car, because when things like this happen they happen at super high speed. Give the man some seat time and I think he will dominate the podium

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

its sad drift is like that in Australia... One day hopefully it will be a day job to be drifting and thats all you have to worry about. Give 5 years or so and hopefully it'll be different.

I'm a bit pissed at ADGP organisers for not posting the live results up on their website, it took a facebook post from Matt Harvey for me to know who won... Also congrats to Matt Russell for securing 2nd.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

ADGP have much improvement to make

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

i reckon drift will start to contract in the next 5 years
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Really depends if the corporate sponsors jump on board or not

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Tbh competitive drift in Australia has never been that high of quality, always seems to be run worse than could be :/

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Adgp won't ever be best Australian comp.

Drifting is getting bigger and bigger. 5 years it'll be massive

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast