Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Beau Yates - Toyota 86 Monster Build

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Apparently old mate chasing beau was goi g off his head at dipshit in the falcon in the pit soon after

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Well his car would have been munted pretty badly too. The big impact is between him and Beau.

As for easing off in tyresmoke, at that level an event I don't think you really could, there would be a lot of tyresmoke at pretty much every corner. I mean its drift, tyresmoke is a product of the sport. At any timed motorsport event you are of course right, and from the look of things the Falcon driver is used to timed motorsport and assumed that would be the case.

It is 100% the falcons fault, if you sat there and did a static or a doughnut on the race line at any drift practice or competition event I have ever been to you would have been thrown out on the first occurrence. Not only does it piss off the track owners who are already typically reluctant to let drifters out, but it leads to incidents like this.

And finally after he has sat there putting up a smoke screen it looks like he decides to rejoin the race line without waiting for it to dissipate a little and drives right into Beau's line.

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Myles
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

So he should, that guy in the ford should cop some type of punishment for that.....

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

There are no marshals on that part of the track.. There was a side skirt left on the track to be smashed to pieces thru the drift shesh
    Tonight, a smashed tail light and just shrapnel everywhere.. at one stage a heap of rocks.. Track never swept.

If there were no dick head falcon drivers and marshals doing there job it wouldn't have happened.

Here is a close up

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Totally agree with robbo

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    australia

I do agree with you to a certain extent robbo, driving at that level you cant really "play it safe" and straight line just in the off chance that there is a car in the middle of the smoke but it was only a demo not comp situation. But you can clearly see by the amount of smoke in one spot some one has thought there at summernats and not at a drift comp and done a static.

im not saying it was beau's fault in any way it is 100% old mates fault for not just spinning and getting out of the way.

old mate falcon wont get any punishment, 90% of the reason I didnt go this year ( I have been every year ) is because the event is run like shit with crappy organization.

Name
    Mirko
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

It's a joke guy in ford would do that and you dont need to be a pro driver to know you don't lay down that much smoke on the track me race what and idiot

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Cars fucked, tore the panhard mount off of the body, things a write off

Name
    Myles
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

mmm, but i spoke to Beau on facebook, he said he is keeping it and going to rebuild the car, tube front end perhaps...

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    australia

Yea it looks repairable. Just cut the front end off and tube the whole lot. Look at D-mac's ae86.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast