Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default Beau Yates - Toyota 86 Monster Build

Set to debut at the opening round of ADGP in Adelaide on October 5th 2013, Beau Yates will be putting his famous 3SGTE powered AE86 into retirement, and getting behind the behind the driver seat of a new Toyota 86.

With an estimated power output of 450kw at the wheels and the 86 only weighing 1 tonne, Yates will be more than competitive this year in the ADGP series.

Unlike the likes of Aasbo, Tuercks, Orido etc. Yates will retain the 2L boxer engine and rely on a a massive Garrett turbocharger to achieve the power he is after. The engine will be stripped down and a whole bunch of forged parts installed to handle the 25psi the Garret will force down its throat. If 25psi isn't enough boost, a shot of NOS will also be injected into the combustion chamber.

The gearbox will be a 6 speed sequential box supplied by Tractive in Sweeden. Haltech will sort out the digital dash display and will most likely take care of the engine management and NOS injection. The stock steering rack will be modified to achieve the extra lock required to gain perfect entries.

A bunch of overnight parts from Japan, off the shelf TRD Suspension and those ridiculously massive TRD brakes will ensure it stops on a dime. A unique roll cage supporting an 86 logo designed by GD racecars will keep the chassis stiff.

Interestingly according to Top Gear Australia, Yates was quoted as saying that he never considered another engine due to the 50/50 weight distribution of the car and that a dirty LS v8 engine, wasn't him.

The 2jz also wasn't considered as an option either and re-engineering the hard work of Tetsuya Tada.

With a build cost exceeding $100k and the natural driving talent of Yates, I'm sure this car will be baking sets of tyres in no time.

For more images / information visit the
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

It'd be sad to see the ae86 retired, but this build looks to be pretty epic. I've been waiting for someone to have a proper look at the boxer and see what it is capable off. Beaus ae86 3sgte was over 300kw and I'm sure with the newer FA20 engine technology and the shot of nos he won't have any issues in getting 450kw outta it
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I really wish someone would use a kit other than rocket bunny on these things...

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

With Top Gear quoting him as saying "a monster rear wing" my guess is a rocket bunny kit will be installed

But you are right, there are better 86 kits out there than the Rocket bunny one.

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Disagree.
    perfect in every way.

any news on who is sponsoring?

Wonder what happening to the old hachi

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Wynns will be the major sponsor, TRD , haltech you would expect to be minor ones.

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'm not saying it's not a good looking kit, but every modified 86 I see on the net is exactly the same. Look at SEMA for example. I liked the (knock-off) D-Max kit on his old 86 because it's not something you normally see.

End rant.

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I find it more interesting he mentions nitrous, given that its not able to be used in Australian competitions (adgp/wta/state comps)...

I think he might well have greater plans/aspirations for this car...

Name
    Will
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

$100k+??

Lol what about the little guys!!

I guess it's good that this sort of money is being invested into drifting in australia though, and if he heads abroad then at least he will be competitive and represent us well.

Do you know if this was built from a factory spec car matt?
    SuperFunHappySliders

SR's are ghey.

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

im very certain its this car...which from memory is a toyota australia demo car which cant be complied...was used at alot of the media days leading up to release and shown at numerous events afterwards

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast