Thread: Lib RS Turbo Daily

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default Lib RS Turbo Daily

So I was getting funny looks dropping my son off to daycare in the Mighty Boy so I thought I had better get something with 4 doors. This came up at a reasonable price with rego so after some negotiation over the phone I bought it sight unseen and went up to Sydney to pick it up.

There were a few gremlins with it that I didn't know about the power window on the drivers side was rooted and needed a new motor. The owner said that the power steering didn't work, he neglected to tell me that that it was because he had pulled the pump out and thrown it in the bin. $150 parts car from Pickles sorted those out pretty quick.

Some surface rust around the boot that wasn't really surface rust so I cut out and a new piece was welded in.

I also realised that the spare tyre wasn't sitting down properly. Took the tyre out and sure enough it has had a hit up the bum big enough to push the spare tyre well in so that the tyre won't fit. Must admit I was a bit dirty about not getting told about this one as it was very obvious. I big hammer and a lump of wood sorted that out. The thing has had a couple of resprays and touch ups that you can see over the car. From 5 paces the paint looks good but up close there are issues.

The last piece of the puzzle was that the water pump is fucked, it was pissing water out everywhere and looking at the stains under the engine has been for some time. This was a bit of a worry to given that the timing belt was supposed to be done only 20,000km ago and there is a receipt there from the workshop to say that it had a radiator "Flush" and coolant change less than 1000km ago the thing is full of rusty water. So quick trip to Repco and a new water was done in just under 3 hours.

The 1990's spec purple window tint was scratched and peeling so I got that replaced as well.

Specs on the car

K&N air filter in a custom made box
    VOS chip with switch from standard map and performance
    Boost gauge
    TD05 turbo
    3" MSR exhaust down pipe
    no cat and 2.5" press bent rear section “standard looking” twin tip
    400HP fuel pump
    WRX front seats
    Heavy duty Kings springs – standard height
    Whiteline adjustable rear sway bar
    Anti-Lift Kit
    Slotted front & rear brake rotors
    Front & rear braided brake hoses (ADR legal)
    16” six spoke WRX wheels

about 218,000kms

I haven't taken any photos since I have bought it but here are a couple from the for sale ad. Have a dyno sheet that gives it around ~140kw at all four wheels so it gets along ok.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

These are a load of fun to drive.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Super easy to work on too. Has it had the wrx heads put on at any stage?

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Nope must have been one of the very few that didnt get done. lifter noise is not too bad if you run 5w30 and some additive like nulon E20