Thread: Can anyone lend me a 15 RAYS TE37V to test fit over my brakes?

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default Can anyone lend me a 15" RAYS TE37V to test fit over my brakes?

Hey guys,

long time since I posted on here, still plugging away with my import 2 door TE72 sedan, I have a set of 15" rays mesh wheels that fit over my new 299mm rotors and performance friction calipers, and I have measured everything up and sent it to Rays in jap land after getting no help from retailers in Australia relating to whether a new set of TE37V in anything from a 15 x 8 to a 15 x 10 will fit over these brakes. It took me forever to get to the point of them asking for the dimensions, and then they came back and said, no, they wont fit in any way. With no real explanation. Being a radial mount I can easily drop 10mm out of the disc radius if I have to, but they are not getting back to me. I really want the wheels, but no point having them if they dont fit the brakes. So, does anyone have one I can sit a brake setup in to see if they will work? Happy to leave a deposit etc etc and travel to get the wheel. Just have to get this sorted as its really hindering my progress!

Cheers, Andy

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hey guys,

long time since I posted on here, still plugging away with my import 2 door TE72 sedan, I have a set of 15" rays mesh wheels that fit over my new 299mm rotors and performance friction calipers, and I have measured everything up and sent it to Rays in jap land after getting no help from retailers in Australia relating to whether a new set of TE37V in anything from a 15 x 8 to a 15 x 10 will fit over these brakes. It took me forever to get to the point of them asking for the dimensions, and then they came back and said, no, they wont fit in any way. With no real explanation. Being a radial mount I can easily drop 10mm out of the disc radius if I have to, but they are not getting back to me. I really want the wheels, but no point having them if they dont fit the brakes. So, does anyone have one I can sit a brake setup in to see if they will work? Happy to leave a deposit etc etc and travel to get the wheel. Just have to get this sorted as its really hindering my progress!

Cheers, Andy

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Why such a big difference in track? 15x8 and 15x10?

I've always associated this with fools buying super lights/challengers and selling the 10s on cheap because:

a)they could never make them fit/keep low

b)it looks like ass

If your going to go the effort/cost of buying decent wheels, get sizes that actually fit, look good and retain resale value

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

i dont think anyone in the ae86 community has even purchase these in Australia for their AE86/rwd corolla.

Whats the total length of your callipers and rotors together installed correctly? If the calliper face hits the rim face that can be fixed with spacers, but if the edge hits the rim barrel then bad luck, go up an inch (or two inches) in rim size
    dose

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I know of one ;D
    i doubt he'll be keen but ill shoot him a message for you

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

just replying from the peck miesters massage

yeah mine are 14sssssssss so im not sure if they will be of any use, but i will be getting some tires fitted in a couple of weeks in marooka, thats as close as I can get them. I could take some really accurate measurements?
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

big difference in wheel width, not in track
    I bought wades old rims (Kronix on here) and on his car the front gaurds were pumped big time, and the rear he had to cut and weld front flares to the rears to get cover. On my car with the diff I have the front sits wide as, and the rear is flush inside the gaurd, the diff would have to be about 100mm narrower than standard. But im yet to measure. a 10" rear in that offset will match the front more or less, and not be silly wide, but will need alot of guard work.

Drift KE70, thank you for the offer! I will have to get in touch with you.. It would be good if RAYS will even tell me if its diameter or spacing thats an issue, so then I could get dimensions off you. its unfortunate you did not buy 15s
    who did you get your wheels through, or did you buy second hand?

they are the calipers

took a screen shot of the sketch and put it in paint to upload. very hi tech....

Thanks guys