Thread: wanted info on 13b rotary twin turbo into a ke70 saloon

Name
    Paddy
    State
    Kildare
    Country
    Ireland

Default wanted info on 13b rotary twin turbo into a ke70 saloon

iv come across one off these with gearbox loom ecu everything really how much off a job to fit it to a ke70 saloon and what other bits would be needed to fit it and what are they like relible wise and what sort off money would i be expected to pay for the hole lot ?

i want as much info as possable before i buy it and is there much costmiseing to get it into a ke70 saloon dose the fire wall and tunnel need much work and what else would i need ?

Name
    shamus
    State
    vic
    Country
    aus

pretty big job, price is going to depend on what you can do your self. for a start engine mounts will have to be custom job + I cant remember if the 13b is one of the conversions were the swaybay interfers with the sum or not, also being a ke70 you will need the normal stuff eg cable clutch to hydrolic, twin turbo would destroy the diff so you would need to get a hilux or skyline one, in short hope you got REAL DEEP Pockets if your paying someone

Name
    Paddy
    State
    Kildare
    Country
    Ireland

ill do all the work meslf as im a welder fabricator and ill be changeing it to single turbo and im running a ae71 hydrolic clutch all ready im not to worried about diff ill be running a lite ace or vanette axel so that should do the job ill also be running the rx7 breaks and calibers on ae86 coilovers is there anything else that i should look at before i buy it with the manafold bolt straight in or will i have to mod it ?

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Exhaust manifold I'm not sure if something off the shelf would fit or not, and reliability really depends. Rotors can live a long happy life as long as they get constant maintenance. If not looked after they tend to blow up fairly regularly. I can't see it being an overly difficult conversion, really just wiring and gearbox tunnel clearance being possible issues. They aren't a physically big engine so clearly won't have any clearance issues there.

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Doesn't really sound like a question that would be asked from a welded/fabricator, but then I saw the spelling, and I believe it now...............

Name
    shamus
    State
    vic
    Country
    aus

forgot , split tunnel and custom gearbox mounts but you seem to know whats up should be fine

Name
    Paddy
    State
    Kildare
    Country
    Ireland

i just wanted to know what other bits i need before i start at it and is for the spelling it was very late when i was on this last nite its better to know stuff before i start cheers for the help and what you on about with believe it now
    Last edited by akasod; 29th July 2013 at 12:34 AM.

Name
    Paddy
    State
    Kildare
    Country
    Ireland

cheers for the info lad the tunnel and gearbox mounts shouldnt be any trouble

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Remember with rotaries the exhaust ports are on the drivers side of the car, this means you're going to have a fun time figuring out an exhaust to suit

There is that 20b sprinter in Japan, it was converted to LHD for this reason.

My friend had engine mounts for 13btt/Ke70. They came from an Orange Ke70 that used to run 13bpp or 13btt from memory, Big flares, dish and shopping trolley wing. It was bought by a mate and then parted out. I'll see if he still has it.

Engine mount, Gearbox X member, Tail shaft + yoke, Diff, exhaust and inlet piping, fuel setup, ECU, wiring, Tune, Injectors, Ext gate, Turbo.....

As said above, what you can do yourself is where you will save the cash. Rotaries are fucked, people will rip you off.

IMO buy a half cut 13bt and run close to standard. With a light car, you will be able to crack 10's for $10k if you do most of the work yourself.. Hope that helps.

Michael