Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Project funding. What works?

Gunner

I wish I could figure this out, but with any wage under $50kp/a I don't think it would be possible for me, once rent, bills, food are gone, I struggle to save anything, and still retain any form of lifestyle.

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Westpac

Bunch of lovely people always offering money and shit
    Great chaps

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Always wonder why people bother to build a car on money they don't have..doesn't make sense to me..one way to quickly end up neck deep in debt..I'd say its also a large part of the reason for sooooo many ae86 project parlours

Site Supporter
    Name
    Tony
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Selling drugs works for me

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I dont get why people buy alot of things with money they dont have ie plasma tvs...........but especially building cars. So retarded.

How about put food on the table and pay the power bill before buying coilovers.

You can see the people that will forever be in the same cycle of owing money instead of making it.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

C'mon eating noodles for a month but having nice shiny coil overs is totally worth it.

Though the story goes the more you earn generically the more you spend too, allot of people struggle with the concept of saving money, they feel it is something that will burn a hole in their pocket if they hold onto it for too long.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

So when bubba makes you his bitch, just remember it was all worth it.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

This is why I like trading parts. I hate spending money on cars because I have so many other things that are more important in this stage of my life.
    I sold my old coil overs and recaro seats to pay for my shockworks and the moment I had the money in#my hands I gave it away to shockworks before the guilt set in
    ....married with children. Great show

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I agree with this totally. I went from 30k a year to over triple that, and for the first few months I was living like a rapper. But I quickly wised up and gave myself a reality check. I now have a good savings base and some investments. My partner and I are paying for everything with our wedding in cash, bought a brand new Toyota, and we are buying a house within 6 months.........we both have good savings.

I would have NEVER thought I could do any of this 2 years ago in my previous job.

Oh yeah, there will be a few Toyotas for me in my shed too

Name
    Jarrod
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Do it once and do it right. My goal when I first got the car was to have a budget drift car I got a 4age corolla but it was totally unreliable, i did 2-3 drift pracs that were a total failure. I started fresh, It took 18 months and lost count how much $$$ to build from scratch but it has now done 16+ drift days with the only costs being fresh oil and a few bits that have worn or been bent from crashes. The car doesn't get babied either its always driven hard. If its something you love you will find the cash to do it.
    -------------------Slanty Drifter-------------------

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast