Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default Having a break from cars car

Well I decided I may aswell post up abuild thread for my current ride.

Since the ae86 has been sold and gone to a more loving owner and the hilux is about to go, Ill be stuck with just the one car for alittle while.
    Ive got a few other plans for the next year or so, which made me decide to get amore decent daily driver which is still interesting.

To cut a long story short, I ended up with a my98 wrx wagon. As much as I disliked wrx's, its a heap of fun to drive, its pretty comfy and its generally a practical car.

Ive got some pics of it when I got it, will need to get new ones over the weekend.

Basic mods are;

G4 coilovers (been raised 30mm since these photos were taken)
    my99 wrx wheels (not in these pics)
    pod filter
    plumb back ssqv BOV
    fake momo steering wheel

I dont have many plans to mod this car at all, I might do an exhaust because the stock heat shields are rattling like crazy. Im also considering going back to stock struts with sti springs.

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Looks good mate. Cant pass them up for the price they are going for these days

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Now that the NSW turbo laws have been relaxed you might see the prices of them rise a little and the cost of hondas drop.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Gunner

Why do you say its a fake momo wheel? Looks like the factory nardi in the pics.

Pull heat shield off turbo, and cut the lower section off it, that's usually where the rattle comes from. also have front splash gaurds with brake ducts here as well as factory cooler spray bottle if you want them.

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ill be curious how the laws will affect the cost of these, theres heaps of sedans available for cheap. I paid a bit more than I wanted for this wagon, but log books up to 200k km with stamped service history is a bit hard to come by..

And Rhys, the momo isnt in those pics. The factory nardi was pretty beaten and worn down to the foam. I got sick of having steering wheel on my hands everytime I drove the car.
    Im not sorried about the heat shields now, I just picked up a full 3" turbo back exhaust for $100, that will be going in on sunday. Im hoping it wont be too loud, or Im going to have to find an sti muffler and do some chopping...
    The spray bottle and splash guards might be good actually, my splash guards have been cut because of how hektic low the previous owner had it.

Gunner

even got the cooler switch tog in the dash somewhere. pm on fb and we will organise pick up time

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

i can fix up that nardi if you want.
    or find a new home for it =)
    use all the 3" and keep the stock diff back. most subaru guys have had better results with that combo and while it sounds deeper its not loud and doesnt look modified

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Id be happy to get rid of the nardi. I was going to get it retrimmed, but after putting the smaller momo in, its much more comfy with a slightly smaller wheel.

Yeah if it ends up being too loud Ill end up putting a stock muffler back on. Id rather stay 3" all the way and modify the inlet of a stock muffler, although an sti muffler will still look stock but slightly better at the same time.

Name
    James
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Good buy, definately one of the easiest cars to work on.

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Unless you're doing the inlet pipe to your turbo. Pay someone else to do it. Trust me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast