Name
    Jed
    State
    Sathorn
    Country
    Thailand

Default my e~70 in Bangkok

Yo,
    1st things, I am Australian, living in Bangkok Thailand, married to a Thai girl. There is a deece 'retro car' ( as it is called over here) scene & has took me awhile to get into it & meet people,find out about meetings,events & all that stuff. There is always nice surprises with the cars that show up or spot around the city & in the countryside.

I bought this 1982 ke~70 DX Corolla that had been imported from Japan about 4/5 months ago.

A Lot of work had already been done & was one of the best ones I have seen around for sale so I hooked it up. When I went & looked at it the only the information I could get out of the dude selling it for his sister's boyfriend who owns a workshop & this was his car he built for fun on & off the track. It was like ' So, what diff is this?' (I could see it wasn't a normal ke~70 diff) & the answers were like ' Yes,Toyota Corolla,TRD'. I can speak some Thai but not enough so I just had to look at everything the best I could with help from my girl of course. When I picked it up I got no parts list or any other information just 1 key on a Ralph Lauren key ring.

This is when I got her home.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

It was dirty & dusty everywhere & was in desperate need of a major service & clean. Was a good chance to scope everything as well.

[IMG][/IMG]

The interior was is excellent condition minus missing the drivers side A pillar cover & sun visor,some small cracks in the dash & drivers seat but all original apart from the Alpine stereo, Defi tachometer,extra long rear view mirror & fancy LED interior light & I was very happy with all this. Also all the seat belts had been removed.

Some Specs~~

4ag-e 20v Blacktop from a AE111
    T50 gearbox with TRD short shifter
    T series AE86 diff {with TRD LSD ?}
    Bigger Alloy radiator twin thermo fans,
    Greedy Oil cooler & filter relocation kit.
    Alloy p/s fluid tank with braided lines.
    HKS F-Con Vpro computer.
    Internals I don't know due to not getting any other information when I got it. Got told it has a mild Toda cam.
    Has power steering,steering rack,struts,brakes,T-series diff from an Japanese AE86.
    Cusco strut brace, GAB J-Spec coilovers up front with Cusco camber tops & GAB shocks,Cusco springs on the rear.
    Watanabe F8 rims F 15x7j +1 / R 15x8.5j -6 on Yokohama 185x50 F / 205/50
    4 into 2 extractors with a 2 1/2 exhaust straight through.

I wasn't going to post a thread on here but I did a while ago but it was pretty half ass, So I decided I would do it properly & start from the beginning.
    Last edited by JedKE70!; 21st October 2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Full update from the beginning.

Name
    Ray
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

This is super hot.

would have loved to see one of these when i was in BKK a month ago.

Very nice!

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

So nice and clean! maybe a wheel change?
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Jay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

this thing is so good. well done man!

Name
    Jed
    State
    Sathorn
    Country
    Thailand

Cheers, yeah wheel change is happening , keeping the Watanabes but go down to some type R 14s with more offset on front and rear that I got lined up, got some Omori Meter gauges coming from all different parts of the globe. So can't wait to fit them.
    More pics soon, also scored another Toms wheel so will be fitting that as well.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Very nice and thank you for sharing.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

Yeah that is pretty awesome!

Parts cheap? Do you work over there as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdm-Mcc View Post
    quit hatin get bakin!

Name
    Jed
    State
    Sathorn
    Country
    Thailand

After a major clean & service ( as much as I could do anyway ) the engine bay was looking good. Fitted some RedLine air filters (thanks Cooter!) for the grimey streets of Bangkok.

[IMG][/IMG]

I live in an apartment so I have to carry all my tools in tool boxes every time I want to fix or change something & I can't just leave a job half finished because all the parking bays get filled every night. Having a shed is one thing I miss for sure ! Lucky one of my friends I ride BMX with owns a workshop where they fix & service taxi's so any decent tools or work that needs doing I do it there. A carton of longnecks will sort that out ($25) & he knows all the places to get parts/oils etc from. I also have an Autobac (same style shop as Repco) near my home & go there for the majority of things I need. Only difference is you have all these good brands like HKS oils,filters, Greddy exhausts, Bride seats,Work rims etc there & some of the cars that get serviced there are all high end European cars along with family HiLux.

Gave the interior a good detailing & fixed a whole heap of little things like the fuel gauge,tidy wiring up, replace missing screws etc. The tacho was just double sided taped to the steering column cover so that got put in problery along with all its wiring. Put a RS Watanabe sticker on the dash I had been saving from the Bangkok Auto Salon over a year ago and replaced the original steering wheel with a perfect condition Tom's Strada by Personal steering wheel, minus the horn button.

[IMG][/IMG]

Due to having no seat belts in it when I bought it that needed to be sorted out asap & I got a perfect pair of original ke~70 ones with covers & all. It was a mission to put them in due to all the bolt holes being filled and covered with that black tar sound reducing shit. Also cutting holes in the carpet so it fitted all good. Only had to do the passenger side because I had already got a 4 point Sabelt harness for the drivers side.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thats enough remembering for one day.

Name
    Jed
    State
    Sathorn
    Country
    Thailand

I wasn't that keen on the blue cam & spark plug engine covers so took them off and painted them black with some red. Gave the engine bay a good going over & clean/check everything. Tidy up some of the wiring as well.[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Name
    John
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

this thing is sweet man,keep it up

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast